- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 02/11/2024
- Website: eikontx.com
- Company Address: 3929 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545
About Eikon TherapeuticsEikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of biology, engineering and chemistry to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells.
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
Senior Specialist, Environmental Health and Safety, is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager of EHS in planning, implementing, and enforcing the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) policies and procedures. The primary objective is to create a healthy, safe, and environmentally friendly workplace, while maintaining compliance with all laws and regulations.
You’re a Safety Professional with 5+ years of experience who has a passion for safety, and an ability to work in a fast-paced research organization.
What You’ll Do
- Directly support the EH&S Sr. Manager in the development and implementation of new EH&S programs to reduce the risk of injury and workplace hazards.
- Develop health and safety policies, procedures, training, and written programs.
- Provide strategic support to stakeholders to reduce safety risks to staff and help improve overall safety culture.
- Conduct safety inspections, communicate corrective actions to stake holders, and ensure corrective actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement an emergency response team for Eikon’s multiple sites and assist with the development and training of the Eikon ICS team.
- Implement the ergonomics program, including conducting ergonomic assessments, ordering, and tracking ergonomic equipment.
- Investigate incidents to determine the root cause of the incident, and corrective and preventative actions to mitigate or correct hazards.
- Perform risk assessments and lab inspections, identify corrective and preventative actions, the owners of the actions and track CAPA’s through to closure.
- Help the EHS Sr. Manager coordinate safety activities such as drills, training, emergency response exercises.
- Respond to emergency situations as they arise.
- Represent the company with regulatory agencies such as: OSHA and CUPA.
- Assist with the maintenance and reporting for environmental permits.
- Mentor the EH&S specialist in program management.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Environmental Health and Safety
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health, Biology, Chemistry or a related field or AA degree in Occupational Health, Fire Safety with 5+ years of experience.
- Strong knowledge in Cal/OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Strong understanding of EH&S regulations and best practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in conducting incident investigations with root cause analysis.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving.
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $109,000 to $118,750 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We are currently not accepting any new third-party agencies or firms at this time. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Eikon Therapeutics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm associated with unsolicited resumes.