- Job Type: Intern
- Function: Intern
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 02/11/2024
- Website: eikontx.com
- Company Address: 3929 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545
About Eikon TherapeuticsEikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of biology, engineering and chemistry to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells.
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
As an Intern, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), you will join an interdisciplinary team of highly creative and talented individuals with outstanding expertise in supporting the company’s core science and engineering teams. You’ll have a key role in maintaining regulatory compliance in multiple programs.
You’re passionate about employee safety and environmental stewardship and have a desire to learn how the laws and regulations apply to business. You’re conscientious, detail oriented, and can focus on a specific task for periods of time. You thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
What you'll do:
- Support the Hazard Communication program by taking inventory of chemicals in the non-chemistry lab locations, uploading safety data sheets into the SDS database, and creating and printing secondary chemical labels as needed.
- Create an inventory of the location and contents of spill kits.
- Assist with assigning EH&S training and pulling training compliance reports.
- Assist with setting up the EH&S software platform.
- Perform risk assessments such as machine guarding and laboratory inspections.
- Currently pursuing or having completed coursework for a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and/or Environmental Science/Engineering.
- Ability to perform work independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA, Cal OSHA, EPA, and other EH&S regulations.
The expected hourly range for this role is $23.50 - $25.00 per hour depending on skills, competency and the market demand for your expertise.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We are currently not accepting any new third-party agencies or firms at this time. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Eikon Therapeutics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm associated with unsolicited resumes.