- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Buying/Merchandising
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 02/26/2024
- Website: kallyope.com
- Company Address: 430 E. 29th Street, New York, New York 10016, US
About KallyopeAt Kallyope, we are pioneering the science and understanding of gut and gut-brain biology to create medicines that transform human health. Based in New York City, we are home to some of the world’s most intrepid scientific minds from the world’s top institutions. Our seasoned team has a proven track record of success in drug discovery and development.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Purchasing Associate will support the administration, execution, and management of all purchase orders and receipts of orders to support the organization's needs. The Associate will work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping navigate complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Review, create, and evaluate purchase requisitions for supplies and services to meet the organizations procurement needs
- Ensure compliance with applicable purchasing and approval governance policies and procedures
- Interface with and gather information from all new suppliers to create, review, and support the onboarding of these new suppliers in Coupa
- Complete and distribute relevant tax forms to suppliers of lab consumables and lab equipment
- Effect all purchase order change management, which includes working with stakeholders and internal suppliers to document change requirements to contracts and purchase orders appropriately
- Operate as the in-house “Coupa Champion” and take charge of process improvements in the Company’s procurement system, Coupa, and escalating challenges to the appropriate internal resources
- Maintain laboratory consumable inventory stock and records
- Receive and distribute scientific supplies delivered to the Company to the appropriate location, documenting the receipt and location of the goods in Coupa
- Monitor the quality of all received scientific supplies and remediate any challenges with the supplier as needed
- Partner with and maintain good working relationships with suppliers, routinely meeting with suppliers to discuss opportunities for savings via discounts or shipping costs
- Partner with Kallyope Accounting to resolve inquiries and troubleshoot transactions in Coupa as needed
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths, and address development areas
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience with procure-to-pay systems, like Coupa
- 3+ years in supply chain management, purchasing
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service
- Experience with P2P (Procurement and Invoicing), SIM, and Inventory modules of Coupa preferred but not required
- Candidates for this role must be available to work on-site at our NYC office.
The expected salary range for this role in New York City is $52,500 - $87,500. Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
Kallyope is a new biotechnology company headquartered in New York City. Founded by Richard Axel, Tom Maniatis, and Charles Zuker from Columbia University, Kallyope is focused on the identification of new therapeutic and nutritional opportunities involving the gut and gut-brain axis. The Company leverages the founders’ formidable expertise in molecular biology, neuroscience, and behavior to identify new approaches to human health.
Kallyope is seeking creative, highly motivated individuals who are interested in working in a biotech environment that is scientifically stimulating, highly collaborative, and laser focused on translational biology. The Company is creating an industry-leading platform employing cutting edge technologies including sequencing, genetics, circuit mapping, neural imaging and bioinformatics. By integrating and applying complementary tools and approaches to the understanding of gut and gut-brain biology, Kallyope aims to develop transformational therapeutics and consumer products to improve human health and nutrition.
The Company is headquartered in the Alexandria Center® for Life Sciences, a state-of-the-art, collaborative life science campus in the heart of Manhattan, with close proximity to New York City’s world-leading clinical and research institutions. Kallyope has raised $488M in funding from several top-tier investors. The Company has assembled a leadership team and advisory group with a proven track record of success and strong expertise in drug discovery and translation. The founding scientific team is composed of highly creative and talented individuals with outstanding expertise in the Company’s core platform technologies. For more information, see www.kallyope.com.