- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 02/12/2024
- Website: oricpharma.com
- Company Address: 240 E Grand Ave, 2nd Floor, South San Francisco, California 94080, US
About ORIC PharmaceuticalsORIC Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving patients’ lives by Overcoming Resistance In Cancer.
ORIC Pharmaceuticals is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Bioinformatics Scientist to pursue forward and reverse translational projects in collaboration with our Research, Development and Clinical Teams. A successful candidate will actively guide the translation of preclinical findings into testable clinical hypotheses to inform the development of ORIC’s expanding pipeline and will have the opportunity to explore complex molecular biomarker data derived from our clinical trial samples. They will achieve this through development and implementation of statistical and computational strategies required for advancing ORIC’s mission to bring new therapeutics to cancer patients through precision oncology.
- Work as the bioinformatics lead collaboratively with a variety of functional groups to drive the drug discovery process.
- Analyze and interpret pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo data toward understanding mechanism of therapy resistance and identifying predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers for ongoing and future clinical trials.
- Design and execute bioinformatics approaches that leverage internal and publicly available high-throughput genomic datasets to discover novel targets and identify patient populations for ORIC’s pipeline.
- Analyze clinical trial data to inform the clinical development of late-stage products and derive scientific insights.
- Develop custom methods by leveraging advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to analyze genomics datasets, ensuring accurate interpretations of the biology and strategic guidance of the project direction.
- Communicate complex results, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner that is accessible to a diverse audience of bioinformatics, experimental, and clinical scientists.
Qualifications & Experience:
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics or similar, with a strong publication record. Alternatively, a PhD in molecular biology, or a related field combined with very strong evidence of high-throughput data analysis experience, supported by publication in this area.
- 3+ years of industry experience in genomics research with an emphasis in methods development and a record of publications in lead positions.
- Passionate and intensely curious about the relevant concepts in cancer biology. You are enthusiastic to grow and learn more.
- Broad experience in the analysis, integration, and interpretation of large-scale genomic data (e.g. RNA-seq, scRNA-seq, Exome-seq, ATAC-seq, etc.) using up-to-date statistical and machine learning methods. Experience with chromatin assays (e.g. ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, Hi-C) is a significant plus.
- Expertise in the statistical principles behind best practices in genomic and molecular data analysis.
- Strong R or Python programming skills for complex data analysis and data visualization.
- Familiar with UNIX and high-performance computing environments.
- Exceptionally strong communication, data presentation and visualization skills.
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively, and with handling several concurrent, fast-paced projects.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in our South San Francisco location is between $150,000- $190,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.