- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Clinical Research
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 02/11/2024
- Website: neuronatherapeutics.com
- Company Address: 170 Harbor Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Neurona TherapeuticsNeurona is a biotherapeutics company developing neural cell therapies with single-dose curative potential for the treatment of chronic neurological disorders. Based on a novel neural cell lineage pioneered by the company’s scientific founders, Neurona has built a robust regenerative platform and is developing neuronal, glial, and gene-edited cell therapy candidates that provide long-term repair of dysfunctional neural networks for multiple neurological disorders.
● Leads the conceptualization of new methodologies and processes for product delivery to patients.
● Generates effective hypotheses to pursue project goals; encourages the use of new experimental
approaches and/or data analysis methods.
● Develops novel and creative solutions using their depth of scientific experience to overcome obstacles.
● Provides input on new device development based on in-field experience and medical literature.
● Leads bench testing to enhance existing procedures and support development of design changes.
● Looks for opportunities for continuous process improvement.
● Uses advanced judgment to balance technical feasibility and impact.
● Generates external peer-reviewed materials and reports for regulatory submissions.
● Collaborates across many areas of the organization.
● Manages collaborations and relationships with external partners/vendors.
● Provides a clinical resource for surgeons, clinicians and others being trained.
● Provides leadership, training, and mentorship to other team members.
● Promotes a positive team culture that focuses on scientific excellence and innovation.
● Represents Neurona at clinical sites during subject surgical procedures.
● Assists in evaluation of site qualifications during site recruitment.
● Demonstrates good follow-through and closure of responsibilities/assignments.
● Onsite role (South San Francisco, CA) and 25% travel to clinical sites.
Experience and Education:
● Expertise in medical device development or pharmaceutical operations/equipment for neurological
● Demonstrated mentorship and proven track record in developing team members’ professional growth.
●Ability to manage and lead employees with diverse backgrounds.
● Direct experience working in the operating room and with MR and CT imaging preferred.
● Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects using strong problem solving skills.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Experience working in the fields of cell or gene therapy preferred.
● Strong team player who uses both internal and external resources to execute activities.
● Advanced degree in Biology, Engineering or related sciences with 5+ years of professional and management experience
Neurona is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.