Associate Director/ Senior Principal Scientist, ADME/PK
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Clinical Research
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 02/12/2024
- Website: oricpharma.com
- Company Address: 240 E Grand Ave, 2nd Floor, South San Francisco, California 94080, US
About ORIC PharmaceuticalsORIC Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving patients’ lives by Overcoming Resistance In Cancer.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Principal Scientist/Associate Director specialized in characterizing the in vitro and in vivo ADME/PK properties of small molecule lead compounds and drug candidates. This person will work on ORIC drug discovery and development project teams with the goal of developing therapeutics to overcome resistance in cancer. The primary responsibilities will be to plan, oversee and/or execute in vitro and in vivo studies, interpret results and troubleshoot problems as well as establish exposure-response relationships to inform PK drivers of efficacy. The successful candidate will thrive in partnership with discovery and development teams to identify clinical candidates and support regulatory filings, as well as manage and mentor team members.
• Design, conduct and interpret in vitro experiments to profile ADME properties of drug candidates. • Conduct and/or design hypothesis driven in vitro and in vivo studies to reveal the mechanism of drug disposition.
• Provide interpretation of in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo data that are generated both internally and with CROs; review and interpret bioanalytical data and reports; establish exposure-response relationships.
• Participate and contribute to project team meetings and presentations; represent DMPK as the subject matter expert and draft DMPK screening strategy.
• Manage and mentor scientists, including problem-solving for methods and instrumentation.
• Coauthor and review high quality regulatory documents and DMPK study reports.
• Participate in the preparation of abstracts, posters, and manuscripts for publication.
Education and Experience:
• PhD and PostDoc in Pharmacokinetics, Chemistry, Drug Metabolism, Pharmaceutical Sciences or other relevant field with 10+ years of industry experience.
• Strong scientific and technical knowledge in ADME profiling, drug metabolism, transport, SAR analysis and PK; hands on experience in operation and troubleshooting of HPLC and high-resolution mass spectrometers preferred.
• Experience in performing PK analysis using Phoenix or similar; experience with PBPK modeling a plus.
• Significant experience in PK/PD analysis, data interpretation and simulation.
• Proficiency in managing collaborations with CROs.
• Track record in mentoring and managing direct reports
• Effective in multidisciplinary project teams and enjoys interacting with colleagues across functions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
A strong fit with ORIC’s culture and core values of patient-centered, commitment to excellence and collaboration.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in our South San Francisco location is between $185,000- $220,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.