- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/27/2023
- Website: atavistikbio.com
- Company Address: , Cambridge, MA 02139, US
About Atavistik BioAtavistik Bio is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for metabolic diseases and cancer. Our high-throughput platform for the unbiased identification of metabolite-protein interactions will enable the discovery of first-in-class drugs inspired and empowered by nature’s own mechanisms of allosteric control. Our unique approach marries this validated platform with structure-aided drug design capabilities and cutting-edge insights into the regulation of metabolic systems to apply to genetically validated targets.
Atavistik Bio is a privately-held biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering a systematic, scalable approach to identify and harness highly conserved protein-metabolite interactions to revolutionize small molecule drug discovery. Combined, our Atavistik Metabolite-Protein Screening (AMPS) platform and structure-based drug design platforms leverage advanced data analytics and AI to unlock functional allosteric binding sites and engineer novel, highly specific small molecule drugs to activate, inhibit or stabilize targets. Our breakthrough approach has the potential to deliver transformative small molecule therapeutics for patients across a broad range of diseases, with an initial internal development focus on precision medicines for cancer and inborn errors of metabolism.
We are seeking a passionate and creative Director, DMPK, to join our development group and work with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a dynamic, high-growth company. Reporting to the VP, Chemical Sciences, this individual will be responsible for the design, execution, and interpretation of non-clinical DMPK, and toxicology studies. This work supports the progression of therapies from late discovery through first in human and proof of concept clinical studies. This is a great opportunity to build an efficient DMPK function while being part of an exciting early-stage company.
- Representative DMPK leader as a member of program, research, preclinical and IND-enabling teams.
- Function as a key member of Atavistik Bio’s scientific leadership team, providing scientific expertise, strategic planning, and goal-oriented execution.
- Effectively communicate scientific planning, progress, and results to executive leadership, R&D teams, and external audiences. Additionally, build and develop appropriate relationships with key opinion leaders and SAB members.
- Propose ADME/PK, biodistribution, and PK-PD approaches at team discussions of high impact on project progression.
- Identify and manage consultants and vendors to support ADME, PK and PK/PD studies.
- Contribute to candidate selection, development strategy, and coordinate IND-enabling study reports.
- Partner with the discovery group to optimize preclinical models and inform on first in human clinical dosing strategies.
- Review preclinical study reports, in conjunction with Pharmacokinetics/DMPK and prepare regulatory submission documentation.
- Author DMPK, nonclinical toxicology, and biomarker sections of regulatory documents.
- Collaborate cross functionally with all relevant areas to support strategic objectives
- Communicate status updates and program issues to appropriate team members.
- Ph.D., Pharm. D., or equivalent training in pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical sciences, or related disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in bio/pharmaceutical industry, combined with drug development
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to work on project teams with chemists, biologists, and platform scientists.
- Highly organized, self-motivated with a desire to succeed in a fast-paced organization
- Experience with regulatory submissions for small molecules with a focus on preclinical and early clinical development strategy and execution.
- Experience in nonclinical toxicology is a plus.
- Solid understanding of drug metabolism, bioanalysis, pharmacokinetics, preclinical pharmacology, PK/PD modeling and clinical study designs.
- Expertise managing CROs, GLP, and other regulated activities.
- Ability to operate objectively and independently as a leader and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.