- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: eikontx.com
- Company Address: 3929 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545
About Eikon TherapeuticsEikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of biology, engineering and chemistry to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells.
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
The Vice President of Capital Markets, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance, will play a critical role in driving the financial strategy initiatives for Eikon Therapeutics. This position requires a seasoned professional with a proven track record in capital markets within the biopharmaceutical industry. The successful candidate will lead efforts to enhance the company's visibility and credibility with the investment community, while also ensuring transparency and effective communication with existing and potential investors.
You’re a capital markets expert and leader in the industry. You take pride in your ability to create and maintain relationships with investors, analysts, and the broader financial community. You have a passion for drug discovery and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You’re collaborative by nature, resourceful, open-minded, not discouraged by challenges, and can operate with a sense of urgency.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute comprehensive capital markets strategies to optimize the company's financial position and support its growth objectives.
- Provide leadership in capital raising activities, including equity offerings, debt financing, and strategic partnerships.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential institutional investors, sell-side analysts, and the broader financial community.
- Act as the primary point of contact for investor inquiries, ensuring timely and accurate responses to inquiries and requests.
- Collaborate with the executive team to articulate the company's financial performance, business strategy, and growth prospects in a clear and compelling manner.
- Monitor and analyze industry trends, competitor activities, and financial market conditions to provide insights and recommendations for executive decision-making.
- Contribute to the development of the company's long-term strategic plan, leveraging financial insights and market knowledge.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performance culture within the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a related field.
- PhD or MD preferred, but not required.
- 15 years+ of experience in capital markets, investor relations, or a related financial role in the biotechnology or life sciences industry.
- Proven success in executing capital raising transactions, including IPOs, follow-on offerings, and debt financings.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, SEC regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex financial information into clear and compelling messages.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including managing a team and working effectively with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Track record of building and maintaining relationships with key investors, analysts, and financial stakeholders.
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $278,000 to $320,000 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We are currently not accepting any new third-party agencies or firms at this time. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Eikon Therapeutics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm associated with unsolicited resumes.