- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Administration
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/27/2023
- Website: www.escientpharma.com
- Company Address: 10578 Science Center Drive, Suite 250, San Diego, CA 92121, US
About Escient PharmaceuticalsEscient is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing novel therapeutics to address a broad range of neurosensory-inflammatory diseases. Our pipeline includes two first-in-class small molecule antagonists targeting MRGPRX2 for the treatment of various mast cell-mediated disorders and MRGPRX4 for cholestatic pruritus.
$20 ‒ $25 Hourly
Our team is driven by the desire to make a positive difference in the lives of patients. We are passionate about innovative science and strive to discover and develop novel medicines, to bring value to the healthcare ecosystem, and to address significant unmet medical needs. We foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, transparency, mutual respect, and integrity and an environment where employees feel fulfilled by the work they do and are recognized for the contributions they make.
Escient Pharmaceuticals is a San Diego based a clinical-stage company focused on developing novel therapeutics to address a broad range of neurosensory-inflammatory disorders. The company’s pipeline includes two first-in-class small molecule antagonists targeting MRGPRX2 for the treatment of various mast cell mediated disorders and MRGPRX4 for cholestatic pruritus. Escient is led by an experienced management and scientific team and funded by top-tier life science investors.
The Office Coordinator is an organized, proactive, reliable professional who is responsible for overseeing office communications and helps to support essential operations including manage emails, phone calls, mail, coordinating meetings and other administrative duties.
This is a part-time on-site position working Monday-Friday, ~29 hours per week (anticipated schedule 9:00-3:30).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Answers telephone calls and emails from customers and clients and directing them to relevant staff
- Greets visitors to the office, ensuring guests are comfortable and are connected with the right office personnel. Maintain internal guest log.
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence, including emails, faxes, mail and packages (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Monitors kitchen and office supplies, and place orders for new supplies, inventory, appliances, as needed. Replenishes supplies throughout the day, run dishwasher.
- Manages schedules for conference and community spaces, ensures spaces are clean and organized
- Coordinates with vendors on building repairs, meeting space reservations, office equipment, general office vendors
- Assists with scheduling appointments and meetings, and create agendas when necessary
- Places catering orders for employee meetings and events
- Provides administrative support on companywide project, as requested
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of one year of experience as office manager, opertaions, or administrative assistant, preferably at a biotech/pharmaceutical company
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams, and Zoom, and have the ability to learn new software programs
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on research and development environment
- Effective at planning, organizing, and prioritizing
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative
- Intuitive, able to anticipate needs and develop options
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Adept at building strong relationships and collaborating with colleagues at all levels
- Effective team player and strong individual contributor
- Must be able to work onsite Monday through Friday
Salary Range: $20-25 / hour
If you thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and are in search of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team focused on discovering and developing therapies that will positively change the course of the health and well-being of underserved patients, we encourage you to apply. Escient Pharmaceuticals offers a positive and exciting work environment with competitive pay structures and benefits. Escient is an equal opportunity employer.