- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Clinical Research
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: oricpharma.com
- Company Address: 240 E Grand Ave, 2nd Floor, South San Francisco, California 94080, US
About ORIC PharmaceuticalsORIC Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving patients’ lives by Overcoming Resistance In Cancer.
ORIC is a research-driven company dedicated to discovering and developing novel therapies that can Overcome Resistance In Cancer. Our collaborative, empowering culture gives scientists the authority, responsibility, and support to do cutting-edge work on therapies for treatment-resistant cancers. Our culture and values support our mission, provide a shared understanding of how we work together as a company, and provide a clear sense of what is most important for us as an organization.
The person serving in this role will be responsible for developing and executing the toxicology profiling of ORIC’s drug candidates, including risk assessment /mitigation, development of innovative toxicology strategies, and communication of plans throughout the organization to ensure cross-functional alignment.
They will serve as Director of Toxicology in a small, entrepreneurial environment, with broad responsibilities and opportunity for a large impact on the lives of cancer patients.
- Lead nonclinical toxicology for ORIC’s small molecule portfolio across preclinical and clinical development
- Formulate toxicology strategies to integrate with ORIC teams to advance programs
- Represent nonclinical toxicology on project teams and interface with internal stakeholders in discovery and development, as well as interface with regulatory agencies
- Oversee the design and conduct of outsourced toxicology and safety pharmacology studies
- Analyze and interpret of nonclinical toxicology and safety data; summarize and communicate findings, as well as provide guidance on follow-up/mitigation strategies
- Spearhead investigative efforts to elucidate mechanism of toxicity as needed
- Manage collaborations with CROs and consultants to support non-GLP and GLP studies
- Review and edit draft study reports and ensure timely finalization
- Author high quality regulatory documents including contributions to IND, CTA, BLA, NDA, IB, as well as contribute to communications with Regulatory Agencies
- Participate in the preparation of posters, abstracts and manuscripts for publication
- Perform all duties in keeping with ORIC’s values, policies and all applicable regulations
- PhD. in Toxicology, Biology, Pharmacology, or other relevant field with minimum 12 years of professional/industry experience in toxicology-related research and/or drug discovery and development
- Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology preferred
The anticipated salary range for candidates is between $172,000-$268,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. ORIC is a multi-state employee, and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.