- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Operations
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: tenayatherapeutics.com
- Company Address: 171 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, California 94080, US
About Tenaya TherapeuticsTenaya Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotechnology company. The Company was founded in 2016 by leading cardiovascular scientists from the David J. Gladstone Institutes and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Tenaya Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to a bold mission: to discover, develop and deliver potentially curative therapies that address the underlying drivers of heart disease. Tenaya’s most advanced candidates include TN-201, a gene therapy for MYBPC3-associated hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), TN-401, a gene therapy for PKP2-associated arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC), and TN-301, a small molecule HDAC6 inhibitor being initially developed for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF). Tenaya also has multiple early-stage programs progressing through preclinical development.
Tenaya is headquartered in South San Francisco, California, USA, with a team that comprises over 140 employees. Inspired by the majesty of Tenaya Peak in Yosemite National Park, our name represents the tenacity of our team in reaching our ultimate peak – the delivery of new therapies for heart disease to the patients who need them.
For more information, please visit www.TenayaTherapeutics.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
Diversity & Inclusion is a core Value for Tenaya Therapeutics, and we encourage those from under-represented communities to apply.
Tenaya has an immediate need for a Manager for our IHC Lab with experience in histology, immunohistochemistry, imaging, and image analysis. Tenaya is seeking a creative, self-motivated individual with a passion for experimental science and teamwork. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and problem-solver who will work closely with inter-disciplinary teams to drive the company’s future success.
- An opportunity to lead the Histology core lab. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a high-quality histology workflow, including data, project, and resource management.
- Experimental design and execution of histology experiments including multiplexed and bright field imaging using both manual and auto-staining techniques.
- Image quantification and analysis.
- Executing, coordinating, and/or providing advice for troubleshooting and optimizing protocols.
- Initiating and maintaining organization of histology resources: equipment, physical and digital records and data.
- Experimental write up and communication to originating researchers.
- Present findings in both small and large company meetings.
- A Bachelors in Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline with a minimum of 13 years of relevant experience or Masters degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with fixing, processing, embedding, and sectioning FFPE tissues for IHC or ISH analysis. A large proportion of this work will be sent out for external processing, however this position will be advising on correct fixation and processing methods for all incoming projects from the in vivo teams.
- Single and multiplex bright field and fluorescence immunohistochemistry experience is a must. Experience with automatic immunostaining platforms is a plus.
- Familiarity with ISH is a plus
- Experience with bright field and fluorescence whole slide imaging is a plus
- Experience with image analysis (Visiopharm, Halo, or open source methods) is a plus
- Knowledge of rodent and human anatomy and dissection is a plus
- Ideal candidate will be able to work cooperatively with and positively contribute to a tight-knit team of researchers
- Must possess a strong motivation and passion for science, as well as a positive attitude and keen attention to organization and detail
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks efficiently including various priorities and timelines, to communicate clearly and effectively, as well as to build open and collaborative relationships
Tenaya takes into account a wide range of factors when determining compensation including not limited to skill sets, experience, interview performance and organizational need.
We will make an offer based on geo-located salary bands based on data collected from Aon/Radford. As of 1/1/2023, for individuals assigned and/or hired to work in the San Francisco Bay Area in the state of California, your base salary will fall within the band(s) below. This base salary range is an estimate, and the actual base salary may vary based on Tenaya’s compensation practice. Please also keep in mind that the benefits, bonus, and the equity portion of your offer is not included in these numbers and represents a significant portion of your total rewards package at Tenaya. Should you reach the verbal offer stage of Tenaya’s hiring process, we will review the base salary, benefits, bonus target and equity grant value with you at that time. Manger, IHC range is $119,000 – $212,500.
We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team that is focused on a compelling vision and mission.
We offer competitive salary and stock options. Excellent medical and non-medical benefits. Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
State-of-the-art, built-to-suit office and lab space, part of a larger cluster of biotech companies, with amenities that include a bowling alley and onsite gym.
Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry.
Tenaya is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.