- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: carmot-therapeutics.us
- Company Address: 740 Heinz Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94710
About Carmot TherapeuticsCarmot Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company that is focused on the discovery and development of disease-modifying therapies for people living with metabolic diseases including obesity and diabetes.
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company headquartered in Berkeley, California. We are focused on the discovery and development of novel drugs for the treatment of metabolic diseases. Carmot applies its proprietary technology, Chemotype Evolution, to overcome the limitations of conventional discovery technologies and identify superior drug candidates for challenging therapeutic targets. With multiple discovery programs and partnerships, Carmot is seeking a versatile and creative scientist to join the Chemistry team.
We are seeking an individual who has a passion for medicinal chemistry, a willingness to learn and innovate, and excel at making molecules using modern methods of organic synthesis. In this research position you will play a key role in discovering and advancing compounds for the treatment of major human diseases. Your job will be to advance the early leads generated by Chemotype Evolution to clinical candidates. Working as part of an interdisciplinary team of experienced scientists, the Medicinal Chemist will develop broad working knowledge in the biology of metabolic disease, structural biology, computational chemistry, and toxicology, among others. You will be working in a fast-paced environment and must be motivated by novel challenges, inspired by the deployment of creative solutions, and dedicated to generating high-quality data. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, highly organized, focused and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment.
- Planning and execution of multi-step synthetic sequences to prepare key preclinical drug candidates, using appropriate purification and characterization techniques
- Utilize scientific literature and databases such as SciFinder to design and implement efficient synthetic routes
- Effectively communicate results and maintain excellent records in laboratory electronic notebooks
- Contribute to laboratory organization and maintenance as a member of the chemistry team
- Provide experimental procedures for patents and publications
- Presentation of research programs at team meetings, company meetings, and communication with external advisors
Required experience and skills:
- MS degree with 3+ years industry experience (Senior Research Associate)/PhD degree with 0+ years experience (Scientist I) in Organic Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry
- Experience in planning and executing multi-step synthetic sequences on small and large scale
- Familiarity with modern chromatographic and analytical techniques, including flash chromatography, HPLC, LCMS and NMR
- Strong knowledge of modern synthetic methods, synthetic organic chemistry reaction mechanisms and retrosynthetic analysis is desirable
- Excellent experimental skills and passion for working at the bench
- Strong desire to work in multi-disciplinary teams, learn new skills and proactively solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Applicants must have authorization to work in US
Carmot offers a competitive salary, participation in our stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits.
Approximate annual salary range
Senior Research Associate: 90k-120k
Scientist I: 118k-128k
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.