- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Clinical Research
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: carmot-therapeutics.us
- Company Address: 740 Heinz Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94710
- Salary Range: $110,000 - $120,000
About Carmot TherapeuticsCarmot Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company that is focused on the discovery and development of disease-modifying therapies for people living with metabolic diseases including obesity and diabetes.
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc., is a clinical-stage biotechnology company applying its proprietary drug discovery platform, Chemotype Evolution (CE), to discover and develop disease-modifying therapies in metabolic diseases and cancer. This position requires cross functional work within our biology, pharmacology, and chemistry teams. Our environment is exciting and fast paced, requiring you to be excellent at multitasking and easily adaptable to meet evolving goals. At Carmot we value diverse perspectives and encourage our scientists to contribute at multiple levels within the company, including strategic development.
- Produce membrane proteins in insect and mammalian expression systems to support structural biology efforts and biophysical/ biochemical assays.
- Perform structure determination of multiprotein complexes by cryo-EM single particle analysis.
- Perform crystallization screening and optimize conditions of co-crystallization of protein-ligand complexes to produce high-quality crystals for X-ray diffraction.
- Perform biochemical/biophysical assays as necessary to ensure protein activity/ folding.
- PhD in structural biology, biophysics, biochemistry or related discipline with 0-5 years of academic or industrial experience.
- Experience in cell culture.
- Proficient in membrane protein expression/purification from insect and mammalian cells.
- Experience in all aspects of structure determination by cryo-EM including sample preparation, screening, data collection, and processing is required.
- Experience in protein crystallography is desirable but not required.
- Experience with GPCR complexes is desirable but not required.
- Ability to work in a diverse team setting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, including clear and consistent lab notebook-keeping.
Carmot offers competitive salary, 401K retirement plan with company contribution, participation in our stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. This position is located onsite in Berkeley, CA. Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Annual base salary range:
Scientist I: 110k-120k
Scientist II: 120k - 140k
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.