- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: carmot-therapeutics.us
- Company Address: 740 Heinz Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94710
About Carmot TherapeuticsCarmot Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company that is focused on the discovery and development of disease-modifying therapies for people living with metabolic diseases including obesity and diabetes.
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotech company focused on the discovery of innovative drugs for the treatment of metabolic and related diseases. With multiple discoveries and translational programs, Carmot is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate for the Pharmacology department to discover novel therapeutic opportunities and advance our programs to meet unmet medical needs.
As a Research Associate in the Biology group, you will contribute to discovery efforts to identify new drug candidates by generating high-quality screening data using a variety of plate-based cellular and biochemical assays. Additionally, you will help develop new methods to interrogate compound mechanism of action, effect on cell signaling and physiology. This position requires working closely with scientists in biology, pharmacology, and chemistry as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment. At Carmot we value diverse perspectives and encourage our employees to contribute at multiple levels within the company, including strategic development.
- Support multidisciplinary project teams to identify novel drug candidates for the treatment of metabolic disorders
- Develop, conduct and analyze cell-based assays to interrogate compound mechanism of action and establish SAR for GPCR-targets
- Generate and analyze primary screening and selectivity data to meet strict timelines and project goals
- Generate new cell lines and other tools to support discovery pipeline
- Troubleshoot and optimize experiments to ensure high-quality data is obtained
- Communicate key findings at project meetings and make recommendations for follow-up studies and prioritization
Experience and Skills:
- BS or MS in cellular biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related field with 1-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques and stable cell line generation is essential
- Clear understanding of cell signaling pathways and techniques used to measure second messengers such as cAMP and Ca2+
- Expertise using liquid handling instruments and microplate formats to generate large data sets
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Willingness to learn new skills and rapidly adapt to changing priorities for multiple projects
Carmot offers a competitive salary, participation in our stock option plan, 401k retirement plan, comprehensive benefits, and generous time off. This position is located onsite in Berkeley, CA. Candidates local to the San Francisco Bay Area preferred.
Approximate annual base salary:
Research Associate I: 70k-80k
Research Associate II: 80k-90k
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.