- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 05/22/2023
- Website: eikontx.com
- Company Address: 3929 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545
About Eikon TherapeuticsEikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of biology, engineering and chemistry to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells.
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
Eikon Therapeutics seeks a performance focused Senior Storage Engineer to support our groundbreaking research efforts. This role is focused on performance – you will be continually testing and tuning across the various workflows within our specialized application stack.
You have worked in environments where the user base does weird things to storage, whether it be in a post-doc lab, a large scale HPC lab (whether government or private), or deep in the bowels of a “big data” environment, and tweaked, modified, and otherwise bent storage systems to your will in support of the userbase.
What You’ll Do:
- Be accountable for overall performance and reducing latency for Tier 0 and Tier 1 storage solutions across the Eikon research infrastructure
- Cross platform workload and storage performance profiling and predictions
- Design, test, deploy and maintain complex, parallel access storage systems
- Monitor and analyze the systems, establish measurement processes, track performance against applications and projects
- Define and monitor threshold-alerting mechanisms
- Early detection of I/O or throughput degradation or latency increase across tier; remediation, and identification of root cause
- Provide 24x7 on-call storage support for all storage platforms on a rotational basis
- Work collaboratively with engineers and scientists to understand and address tactical needs and create a positive and productive development and analysis environment
- Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously, developing milestones and deadlines in coordination with the broader company goals
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible, hands-on experience in IT.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in managing high performance SAN and NAS environments.
- Experience in Parallel and Distributed NAS, SAN, and Object technologies.
- Experience in client-side integration and optimization, supporting a HPCC environment – including kernel level optimization and tuning.
- Experience with Object and Cloud Storage; Qumulo, VAST, Weka-IO, BeeGFS, DAOS, or similar next-gen technologies is a plus.
- Proficient in Linux, Windows, and VMware administration and scripting – Python and BASH shell primarily.
- C/C++ familiarity is a strong plus.
- Expertise in server behavior affecting Storage; Storage architecture concepts.
- Practical experience in hands-on project implementations, project structure (both formal and informal), project life cycle, and best practice project standards.
- Practical experience in the infrastructure technologies relevant for the support of application development, e.g., database, server, etc.
- Ability to investigate and solve problems and to develop solutions from prototype development to production designs, logically and efficiently.
- Team oriented, flexible, able to adapt to rapidly evolving goals and challenges.
- Adept at balancing multiple projects and competing priorities.
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $130,000 to $150,000 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We are currently not accepting any new third-party agencies or firms at this time. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Eikon Therapeutics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm associated with unsolicited resumes.