- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 05/22/2023
- Website: plexium.com
- Company Address: 11494 Sorrento Valley Rd, San Diego, CA, 92121
About PlexiumTargeted protein degraders for breast cancer, lung cancer, and other solid tumors
Plexium is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing first-in-class protein degrader therapeutics that go beyond the limitations of bivalent degraders and cereblon molecular glues. Our novel integrated drug discovery platform consists of state-of-the-art medicinal chemistry and DNA-encoded library technologies, ultra-high throughput cell-based screening, deep biological understanding of protein degradation, and extensive proteomics and informatics capabilities. Our integrated platform allows us to discover and develop novel degraders of therapeutically validated proteins for cancer and other important disease areas.
Plexium has a positive, friendly, and collaborative work environment with a culture that values teamwork, initiative, ownership and thoughtful risk-taking in developing innovative solutions to challenging scientific problems. We are committed to fostering innovation at all levels, cross-functional team collaboration, and supporting the growth and development of our team members.
The Proteomics department within Plexium is seeking a Research Associate with experience in biochemistry or proteomics and cell biology to join its multidisciplinary proteomics team. The research associate will work on cell-based and biochemical approaches to characterize drug candidates and help to elucidate their mechanism of action using proteomics techniques. There will be significant opportunity for the research associate to advance in the Proteomics field and learn state-of-the-art technology including high-throughput automation and mass spectrometry methods.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Participate in the design and execution of proteomics projects with senior scientists and directors, maintain project timelines and deliverables
- Carry out manual and automated sample preparation for LC-MS/MS analysis; i.e., lysis, protein digestion, desalting, pulldowns, chemical enrichments
- Perform cell-based and biochemical assays for characterizing compounds using proteomics techniques involving liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Help to optimize and further develop our automation and sample processes to increase proteomics analysis throughput
- Operate and help to maintain proteomics equipment including liquid handling systems, liquid chromatography and mass spectrometers
- Maintain accurate records of experiments and projects
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS with 1+ years of relevant experience: Cell or Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Biotechnology
- Experience in sample preparation for proteomics analysis or similar analytical technology
- Working knowledge in molecular biology techniques, cell culture and basic cell biology techniques such as transfection/transduction, cloning, etc
- Attention to detail and good at following protocols and lab guidelines
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Eager to learn new skills and contribute to the success of the organization
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $62,000-$83,000 + target annual bonus + equity + health and well-being benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to the role, location, job-related skills, and relevant education, experience and training. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire base salaries for the position across all US locations and vary by the location of the position. Our Talent Acquisition Team can share more about our salary ranges and other benefits of working at Plexium, which are not included in the posted base salary range.
Notice to third party recruitment agencies: Plexium does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed recruitment services agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement Plexium shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Plexium.