- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 05/22/2023
- Website: www.revmed.com
- Company Address: 700 Saginaw Drive, Redwood City, CA, 94063
About Revolution MedicinesREVOLUTION Medicines discovers and develops new drugs that harness the therapeutic potential of frontier oncology targets on behalf of cancer patients. Our innovative product engine draws inspiration from nature and evolution, which offer insights into cancer targets, disease mechanisms and therapeutic approaches.
Revolution Medicines is a clinical-stage precision oncology company focused on developing novel targeted therapies to inhibit frontier targets in RAS-addicted cancers. The company’s R&D pipeline comprises RAS(ON) Inhibitors designed to suppress diverse oncogenic variants of RAS proteins, and RAS Companion Inhibitors for use in combination treatment strategies. As a new member of the Revolution Medicines team, you will join other outstanding scientists in a tireless commitment to patients with cancers harboring mutations in the RAS signaling pathway.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Head of Program Management to lead and manage the Program Management team at Revolution Medicines. This position reports to the VP, Program, Portfolio and Alliance Management (PPAM) and will be part of the PPAM leadership Team (LT). In addition to Program Management, PPAM also includes Portfolio Management, Alliance Management and Business Operations.
As the Head of Program Management, you will be responsible for the Program Management function, playing a critical role in driving organizational clarity and alignment across our program teams and functions to ensure timely successful execution of all programs in our R&D portfolio. You will be an active member of the PPAM Leadership Team (LT), collaborating closely to develop talent, share learnings, cultivate and implement best practices, and ensure consistent ways of working across PPAM and the broader R&D organization.
The Head of Program Management must be entrepreneurial, able to “roll up their sleeves” and thrive in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional environment. You can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, paving the way for innovation, and handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influence across diverse teams, effective at rallying support for your initiatives, and able to help create simple solutions to meet program and department goals.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing the Program Management (PM) team and growing it efficiently as our portfolio expands both in size and complexity.
- Developing and delivering on an inspiring vision and strategy for the PM function, ensuring recognition of the PM function within RevMed
- Coaching and mentoring individual contributor PMs to drive excellence and accountability, setting direction for expectations of the PM role.
- Advising on governance expectations and helping PMs prepare effectively for key decision points discussions and senior leadership interactions.
- Upholding an open, inclusive and collaborative culture with a focus on shared learning and people development.
- Attracting, recruiting and retaining highly motivated program management experts.
- Evolving the project management capability within Revolution Medicines, ensuring best practice and effective project management across our R&D portfolio, including partnering with emerging department-focused program management groups (e.g. CMC PM).
- Maintaining oversight of the portfolio and proactively identifying and escalating systemic issues which require portfolio or enterprise-level action.
- Partnering with the Head PMO, R&D Business operations to continuously identify and implement improvements to the RevMed operating model to ensure it meets the evolving needs of the business.
- Contributing to the overall strategy and continuous development of the PPAM department, as a member of the PPAM LT.
- You may also serve as the program manager on one or more programs.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- A. or BSc. in Life Sciences with a MSc, MBA or Ph.D. a plus. 12+ years’ experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with at least 8 years’ R&D project management experience managing cross-functional development teams.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) or other PM certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience in oncology therapeutic area and clinical stages of drug development is strongly preferrable. Experience with the R&D-commercial interface is a plus.
- Demonstrated willingness to live by the RVMD Core Values and excitement about our mission.
- Experienced people manager with demonstrated success in managing a high-functioning team, including examples of coaching and people development.
- Excellent Project Management skills, experience with commonly used PM tools and techniques, with demonstrated ability to apply them situationally.
- Expertise in change management and driving transformational change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to foster strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Outstanding written and verbal and communication skills. Can pivot flexibly from strategy to operations and explain interconnections to collaborators with a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines, including senior management.
- Analytical mindset and critical, big picture thinking with a proven track record of good decision making and exercising sound judgement. Demonstrated ability resolve complex problems.
- Self-motivated and highly adaptable, able to pivot with skill and ease upon changing requirements and scope.
Revolution Medicines currently requires that all personnel and visitors to its offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This role will require that the employee meet with company employees and work from the company’s offices. Given that these essential functions of the role must be performed on-site, this position requires full COVID-19 vaccination, subject to applicable law.
The expected salary range for this role is $253,000 to $305,000. An individual’s position within the range may be influenced by multiple factors, including skills and experience in role, overall performance, individual impact and contributions, tenure, and market dynamics. Base salary is one part of the overall total rewards program at RevMed, which includes competitive cash compensation, robust equity awards, strong benefits, and significant learning and development opportunities.
Revolution Medicines is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, and veteran status.