- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 01/30/2023
- Website: synthekine.com
- Company Address: 1505 Obrien Drive, Suite A/D, Menlo Park, California 94025, US
- Salary Range: $92,250 - $117,250
About SynthekineSynthekine is an engineered cytokine therapeutics company developing disease-optimized treatments. The company uses immunological insights to guide targeted protein engineering to generate transformative medicines for cancer and autoimmune disorders.
Synthekine is a Menlo Park, CA based biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing best in class cytokine therapeutics to treat cancer and autoimmunity. We use our unique insights on how cytokines bind to their receptors and tune these systems though protein engineering to generate therapeutics that have transformative potential. Synthekine was formed in 2019 and has raised $290M from leading biotech investors. We are advancing a deep pipeline of therapeutics against some of the most important cytokine targets. Come join us and help us give patients and physicians better options to treat disease and advance cytokine science along the way.
We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate for our Cell Therapy/In Vivo Pharmacology and Translational Medicine department. Title and responsibilities are commensurate with candidate qualifications. This individual will contribute to our company’s goal to utilize cutting edge protein engineering to enhance the immune response against various diseases. Specifically, you will help lead the in vitro and in vivo characterization of cell therapies that incorporate an orthogonal IL-2 cytokine-receptor that selectively enhances the efficacy of engineered cellular immunotherapies in various pre-clinical tumor models (Sockolosky et al. Science 2018, Aspuria et al. Science Translational Medicine 2021).
- Help design and execute pre-clinical anti-tumor studies to demonstrate efficacy and characterize mechanism of action of orthogonal IL-2 cytokine-receptor T cells in immunocompetent and immunocompromised mouse models of cancer
- Help perform in vivo tumor implants, caliper measurements, bioluminescent imaging, dosing, and collect blood and tissue for downstream analyses
- Manufacture engineered mouse and human T cells
- In vivo characterization of modified T cells by multi-color flow cytometry
- Characterize engineered mouse and human T cells with in vitro assays (including cytotoxicity, cytokine release, cell proliferation, cell signaling, and immunophenotyping)
- Perform biomarker assessment and pharmacodynamic characterization (e.g. bead based cytokine quantification, ELISA)
- Generate, collect, analyze and present experimental data in team meetings
- Research Associate: B.S. degree in immunology or related fields with 0-4 years of relevant experience, preferably in a biotech setting.
- Sr. Research Associate: B.S. degree in immunology or related fields with 4-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a biotech setting.
- Excellent knowledge of immunology and immunotherapy fields, specifically adoptive T cell therapies
- Experience with immune cell-based assays including cytotoxicity assays, cell proliferation assays and ELISAs
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and data analysis (FlowJo)
- Expertise in aseptic techniques for cell culture and cell isolation
- Experience with pre-clinical anti-tumor studies to evaluate T cell function in vivo
- Experience with mouse handling techniques including tail-vein, intraperitoneal, and sub cutaneous dosing of small molecules, adoptive cell transfer, and tissue harvesting
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Prism, and other programs to create and distribute reports
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Effectively able to communicate plans and results in both oral and written form
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly dynamic collaborative team environment
The anticipated salary range for the position of Research Associate II/Sr. Research Associate, Cell Therapy based in our Menlo Park, CA office is $92,250 to $104,750 (Research Associate II); $103,750 to $117,250 (Sr. Research Associate). The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type, and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Synthekine is a multi-state employer, and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states. We comply with all state federal and local laws regarding pay practices.
Synthekine requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
Synthekine is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.