- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 02/06/2023
- Website: kallyope.com
- Company Address: 430 E. 29th Street, New York, NY, 10016
- Salary Range: $138,750 - $231,250
About KallyopeKallyope is a platform biotechnology company dedicated to unlocking the therapeutic potential of the gut-brain axis. The company integrates cutting-edge technologies in sequencing, computational biology, neural imaging, cellular and molecular biology, and human genetics to provide an understanding of gut-brain biology that will lead to transformational therapeutics that improve human health.
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Director, Head of IT will partner across the business to drive and optimize the development, implementation, and maintenance of Kallyope’s information systems to meet the Company’s strategic business imperatives. This includes business applications, data strategy, network infrastructure, servers, cloud computing and storage, disaster recovery, cybersecurity, privacy, helpdesk, and significant IT vendor management.
- Devise, vet, and manage the selection, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading, and support of all relevant IT systems.
- Ensure and supervise the secure and effective operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware, and software.
- Develop the strategy for systems design and development and insourced vs. outsourced data solutions – cloud, information systems, security, communication systems, etc.
- Oversee all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance, and governance of the organization’s privacy policies following applicable federal and state laws.
- Oversee IT operations, help desk, IT systems/applications, third-party providers.
- In collaboration with Finance, develop and manage the IT department's annual budget
- Implement a robust business continuity strategy and ensure systems can meet capacity requirements and service level agreements (SLAs), including availability, return to operations and recovery point objectives.
- Define and execute a fully realized cyber security strategy, ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all IT & data assets.
- Ensure that the IT processes are effectively designed, documented, operating and monitored such that there are no significant or material weaknesses in the IT controls related to financial reporting, including disaster prevention and recovery, and IT security.
- Ensure clear communications with cross-functional team leaders, executive management, and third-party providers.
- Manage all IT policies and procedures in accordance with Kallyope’s quality and appropriate regulatory compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in information technology, information systems, or a related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience including technology and people management
- Biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Experience/certification related to cyber security governance, risk and compliance, audits and assessments, and/or support and delivery of IT/Cybersecurity services, methods and practices
- Experience handling implementation, training, and support for GxP systems, quality and clinical information management systems
- Experience handling implementation, training, and support for research and laboratory-specific information management systems such as ELN, LIMS, registries, and assay data management
- Experience handling implementation, training, and support for productivity, content, and collaboration systems, including Microsoft 365 and Egnyte
- Deep experience in IT systems, networks, operations, cloud-based systems, security, and development
- Strong people and vendor management, including negotiation, planning and execution skills
- Proven ability to manage complexity and change
The expected salary range for this role in New York City is $138,750–$231,250. Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
Kallyope is a new biotechnology company headquartered in New York City. Founded by Richard Axel, Tom Maniatis, and Charles Zuker from Columbia University, Kallyope is focused on the identification of new therapeutic and nutritional opportunities involving the gut and gut-brain axis. The Company leverages the founders’ formidable expertise in molecular biology, neuroscience, and behavior to identify new approaches to human health.
Kallyope is seeking creative, highly motivated individuals who are interested in working in a biotech environment that is scientifically stimulating, highly collaborative, and laser focused on translational biology. The Company is creating an industry-leading platform employing cutting edge technologies including sequencing, genetics, circuit mapping, neural imaging and bioinformatics. By integrating and applying complementary tools and approaches to the understanding of gut and gut-brain biology, Kallyope aims to develop transformational therapeutics and consumer products to improve human health and nutrition.
The Company is headquartered in the Alexandria Center® for Life Sciences, a state-of-the-art, collaborative life science campus in the heart of Manhattan, with close proximity to New York City’s world-leading clinical and research institutions. Kallyope has raised $488M in funding from several top-tier investors. The Company has assembled a leadership team and advisory group with a proven track record of success and strong expertise in drug discovery and translation. The founding scientific team is composed of highly creative and talented individuals with outstanding expertise in the Company’s core platform technologies. For more information, see www.kallyope.com.