- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 02/06/2023
- Website: www.hexagonbio.com
- Company Address: 1490 OBrien Dr, Menlo Park, CA, 94025
- Salary Range: $115,000 - $175,000
About Hexagon BioHexagon Bio is a data-driven biopharma company developing targeted small molecule therapeutics. Our proprietary platform combines data science, genomics, synthetic biology, chemistry and automation to discover potent, evolutionarily-refined small molecules and their cognate targets directly from DNA sequences. We are mining fungal genomes for inspiration for the next generation of targeted therapies for diseases with unmet needs.
Hexagon Bio is leveraging its proprietary genomics-based platform and understanding of natural product evolution to develop the next generation of medicines for human disease. Hexagon Bio's algorithms identify biosynthetic gene clusters that encode the machinery needed to produce specialized metabolites that can be used to identify and modulate human disease targets. Our unique synthetic biology platform allows us to produce new chemical leads based on these findings. Hexagon’s highly interdisciplinary platform uses data science, genomics, synthetic biology and automation to discover potent, evolutionarily refined small molecules and their cognate targets directly from fungal genomes.
As a Software Engineer I/Software Engineer II/Software Engineer III at Hexagon Bio, your job will be to use modern software engineering to build the largest automated DNA sequencing and assembly pipeline in the world.
You will interface with our data, biology and chemistry teams, helping us build a machine to marry cutting edge sequencing and synthetic biology techniques with robots, cloud infrastructure, and the power of code to discover novel drugs to combat human disease. We are a small team, so we are looking for people who want to take a leadership role, helping us build a successful, next-generation drug company.
- experience in software engineering, computer science, math, or a similar field
- familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, and other technical tools
- experience in working with users covering a broad range of technical backgrounds
- demonstrated ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- experience with statistics and/or machine learning is a plus
- an interest in drug development and biotech is a plus
- the flexibility to work at the early stages of a startup
What We Offer:
- A flexible and dynamic work environment, where you pave your own path; Hexagon cultivates the unique strengths of employees at all levels and provides mobility across departments.
- Weekly “All Hands Meetings” provide an opportunity to share company and team updates. These meetings are rooted in our value of transparency, and designed to foster a culture of collaboration, curiosity, and open communication.
- Competitive compensation and a robust benefits package: comprehensive suite of medical, dental, and vision insurance plans through TriNet, which offers additional voluntary benefits (pet insurance, accident insurance, home & auto insurance, and more).
- Equity and a 401(k) plan.
- Rapid career advancement for driven performers.
- Access to scientific conferences all over the country, throughout the year.
- A range of amenities, courtesy of the Menlo Park Labs business park including: shuttle, gym, rock-climbing wall, pool, sports courts, cafe, bike lockers, and free EV charging stations.
- Opportunities to engage with the Hexagon community through team-building events like our monthly Hexagon Happy Hour and holiday parties.
The salary range is dependent on the level of Software Engineer (Level 1, 2, or 3) that is hired. The salary range for this full-time position is $115,000 - $175,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across California locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Hexagon Bio is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.