- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 02/06/2023
- Website: oricpharma.com
- Company Address: 240 E. Grand Ave 2nd Floor, South San Francisco, CA, 94080
- Salary Range: $250,000 - $260,000
About ORIC PharmaceuticalsORIC Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving patients’ lives by Overcoming Resistance In Cancer. ORIC’s lead product candidate, ORIC-101, is a potent and selective small molecule antagonist of the glucocorticoid receptor, which has been linked to resistance to multiple classes of cancer therapeutics across a variety of solid tumors.
ORIC is on a mission to create products that help patients Overcome Resistance In Cancer. It’s a bold mission but this is our North Star and what keeps us motivated and focused day in and day out. We are building a collaborative, empowering culture that gives scientists the authority, responsibility and support to do cutting-edge work on therapies for treatment-resistant cancers.
Our Values – Who We are
- Passionate about Patients
- Executing with Excellence
- Inclusive and Inquisitive
- Empowering our Employees
- Humble and Hopeful
- Charging towards Challenges!
How We Work
This is a Flex role, which will typically require onsite work 2-3 days each week in our South San Francisco office, or more depending on business needs. The business may set certain days each week that Flex employees are required to be onsite.
Senior Director, Total Rewards & People Operations
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- In partnership with the VP, Head of People, design, develop, and execute a comprehensive total rewards strategy that aligns with our culture and business strategy and allows us to attract, retain, and motivate top talent.
- Analyze compensation and benefits practices in relation to our local markets and propose recommendations to remain competitive.
- Lead the annual compensation cycle including ORIC’s participation in compensation and benefits surveys. Monitors pay trends to ensure ORIC remains competitive across all jobs. Create and deliver annual employee total rewards statements.
- Own the communications strategy and plan for compensation and benefits, ensuring our employees understand all that’s being offered.
- Conducting company-wide compensation training as needed to inform employees of updates to our philosophy.
- Create and oversee job architecture structure to support promotions, progression and career advancement.
- Support talent acquisition by providing compensation recommendations for new positions including equity and FLSA status determinations.
- Manage HR information and reporting systems (HR/payroll database (WFN), benefits administration (partnering with our benefits broker) including leave management and 401(k) plan.
- Enhance our performance management processes ensuring alignment with our corporate goals and development-driven culture.
- Develop and implement HR policies and programs, maintain and update the employee handbook as needed, maintain and ensure all anti-harassment training is completed, and manage all state and government reporting requirements.
- Stay current with changes to employment law and compliance requirements in order to protect the interests of the employees and the Company.
- Perform all duties in keeping with the Company’s core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
- Manage existing and new immigration cases.
- Partner closely with Accounting and Finance on various cross-functional projects.
Culture and Engagement:
- Help implement programs and activities that reinforce ORIC’s culture and take actions to help preserve and evolve to build a highly engaged workforce.
- Organize and lead ORIC’s Culture Club.
- Establish and coordinate leadership and management development efforts and training, and team-building events to support the development of a high-performing organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/MBA with business/HR major, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. PHR or SHRP certifications desired.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience. Experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company is preferred.
- Ability to think strategically, manage change and understand the business context in supporting the company in achieving its goals.
- Strong generalist background in Human Resources with broad knowledge of culture and organization development, recruitment, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee relations, and training and development.
- Experience in managing HR information systems – WFN is preferred.
- Advanced analytical and technical skills in Excel.
- Well-developed organizational and HR operational capabilities.
- Strong understanding of employment laws and regulations.
You Should Know
We believe in a total rewards philosophy that encompasses competitive base salaries, performance-based bonuses, equity awards, and well-subsidized healthcare for all full-time employees. The salary range for this position is $250,000 to $260,000 and the final salary offered to a successful candidate will depend on several factors that may include, but are not limited to, the type and length of experience within the industry, education, knowledge, skills, abilities and tenure for internal applicants. ORIC is a multi-state employer, and this salary range may not be applicable to successful candidates who work in other states. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for bonus and equity awards including both stock options and restricted stock units.
Full vaccination including a first dose booster against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at ORIC. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability, or serious medical condition, or because it would violate your sincerely held religious belief, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.