- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 02/05/2023
- Website: synthekine.com
- Company Address: 1505 Obrien Drive, Suite A/D, Menlo Park, California 94025, US
- Salary Range: $138,250 - $156,750
About SynthekineSynthekine is an engineered cytokine therapeutics company developing disease-optimized treatments. The company uses immunological insights to guide targeted protein engineering to generate transformative medicines for cancer and autoimmune disorders.
Synthekine is a Menlo Park, CA based biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing best in class cytokine therapeutics to treat cancer and autoimmunity. We use our unique insights on how cytokines bind to their receptors and tune these systems though protein engineering to generate therapeutics that have transformative potential. Synthekine was formed in 2019 and has raised $290M from leading biotech investors. We are advancing a deep pipeline of therapeutics against some of the most important cytokine targets. Come join us and help us give patients and physicians better options to treat disease and advance cytokine science along the way.
We are seeking a motivated and collaborative in vivo immunologist to join our In Vivo Pharmacology and Immunology department as a Senior Scientist. Title and responsibilities are commensurate with candidate qualifications. In this role, you will contribute to our company’s goal to benefit patients by improving the immune response in cancer and autoimmune diseases by utilizing cutting edge engineered proteins.
- Design, execute and analyze pre-clinical cancer, inflammation, and autoimmune disease studies to evaluate efficacy and mechanism of action of our engineered cytokines
- Characterize immune cells by flow cytometry, gene expression and functional assays
- Design, execute and analyze pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and toxicology studies
- Perform biomarker assessment, such as MSD and bead-based cytokine quantification and/or gene expression analysis such as 10x and Nanostring
- Develop and set-up new mouse cancer, inflammation, and autoimmune disease models as needed
- Experience with syngeneic tumor models or humanized mouse models is a plus
- Experience with autoimmune or inflammatory disease models is a plus
- Interface with multiple projects and teams across the organization to advance our programs
- Become the in vivo program lead for one or more of our programs
- Accomplish goals under project team timelines
- Support, teach and mentor co-workers as needed
- PhD degree in in a scientific discipline with 4+ years of experience in the immunology/immunotherapy or related field, preferably in a biotech setting. Equivalent relevant experience and degree (MS/BS) may be substituted.
- Excellent theoretical knowledge and hands on experience with mouse autoimmune disease models such as colitis, arthritis and EAE including cell isolation from target organs for downstream analysis
- Experience with immune cell-based assays including cytokine secretion assays, cell proliferation assays and ELISAs
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and data analysis (FlowJo)
- Experience with single cell sequencing (10x Genomics) a plus
- Expertise in aseptic techniques for cell culture and cell isolation
- Experience with mouse handling techniques including tail-vein, intraperitoneal, and subcutaneous dosing of biologics
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Prism, and other programs to create and distribute reports
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Effectively able to communicate plans and results in both oral and written form
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly dynamic collaborative team environment
The anticipated salary range for the position of Sr. Scientist, In Vivo Immunology based in our Menlo Park, CA office is $138,250 to $156,750. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type, and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Synthekine is a multi-state employer, and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states. We comply with all state federal and local laws regarding pay practices.
Synthekine requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
Synthekine is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.