- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Operations
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: eikontx.com
- Company Address: 3929 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545
About Eikon TherapeuticsEikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of biology, engineering and chemistry to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells.
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
Eikon is building out its warehousing and logistics capabilities and is seeking a Warehouse Associate to be an integral part of our growing team partnering with internal stakeholders to support day-to-day warehousing, logistics, and inventory management and operations tasks to help meet Eikon’s research and operations goals and outcomes.
An ideal candidate is someone with experience or at least familiar with warehousing and/or logistics management principles at growing company and someone who prioritizes collaboration, can excel working in a fast-paced environment, is result-oriented, and motivated to consistently deliver excellence in their work.
What You’ll Do
Inbound/Outbound Logistics and Materials
- Receive, unload, and store away incoming shipments and inventory items appropriately
- Verify packing slips and perform goods receipt transaction in Coupa - Eikon’s procurement system
- Inspect products for defects and damages, and if necessary, quarantine and process returns
- Distribute products directly to end users and other various points of use (e.g. labs)
- Review and process outgoing shipment requests for various Eikon stakeholders
Inhouse Warehousing and Inventory Management
- Organize warehouse space to ensure effective material flow and visibility
- Perform periodic inventory cycle counts
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures
- Familiarity with typical warehouse operations including shipping and receiving is ideal
- Basic math and computational skills for evaluating shipment, package, and product quantities
- Basic computer literacy for navigating intuitive online web-based systems such as Coupa and Fedex.com
- Previous experience with particularly handling lab supplies, chemicals, and other biotech research materials preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to help troubleshoot and address issues
- Ability to lift or move heavy products and/or operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other similar equipment.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to have received both an FDA-approved primary vaccine series and at least one booster vaccine against COVID-19 as of their start date. If you are unable to meet this requirement due to a disability or serious medical condition, or due to a sincerely held religious belief, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.