- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: eikontx.com
- Company Address: 3929 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545
About Eikon TherapeuticsEikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of biology, engineering and chemistry to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells.
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
In this position you will be part of a team that is responsible for the execution of rodent studies to characterize novel chemical entities in rodent model systems. This position requires an individual to be skilled in handling rodents with the ability to administer agents to the animals via some routes (e.g. oral or IP); also experience with basic blood draws, necropsy and tissue collection. Some experience with disease models is preferred (e.g. oncology, immune, neurology or cardiovascular based diseases preferable). You will work closely with senior research associates, scientists and managers and must be able to take direction, learn in a rapid paced environment and be flexible with ideas and plans.
You have a desire to contribute to a face paced, energetic, scientifically driven group. You are an individual relatively new to animal science but eager to broaden skill set and experiences across experimental protocols, stages of drug discovery and disease models. You work well within a group and take direction and coaching from senior members of the group and managers. You’re conscientious and with great attention to detail, documentation and organization are second nature. You are excited about being a foundational member of a rapidly growing team.
What You’ll Do
- Perform rodent studies to understand novel chemical entity plasma exposure (PK) and interaction with the target (PD) and the resulting efficacious effect (efficacy)
- Studies may be performed in a variety of animal models of cancer, neurodegeneration, genetic disease or cardiovascular disease as dictated by the compound target
- Work as member of a group of animal, formulation and bioanalytical scientists, collaborating effectively to execute the study. Report study findings accurately to notebooks and to project teams and management
- Flexibly work across many disease models, including managing breeding colonies, genotyping and phenotyping of new disease models
- Bachelors degree in a biological sciences
- A minimum of 1+ years working with laboratory rodents
- Ability to dose rodents via some routes including PO, IV, IP and SQ
- Experience collecting tissues at timed intervals according to an experimental protocol
- Some experience with rodent models of cancer, neurology, genetic disorders, infectious disease and/or cardiovascular; including measurement of disease and efficacy
- Some experience with animal colony maintenance, breeding and genotyping a plus
- Some experience with cell culture is a plus
- You thrive in team environments, seek opportunities for collaboration and value team members success as much as your own. Excellent written and oral communication skills
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $64,000 to $74,000 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to have received both an FDA-approved primary vaccine series and at least one booster vaccine against COVID-19 as of their start date. If you are unable to meet this requirement due to a disability or serious medical condition, or due to a sincerely held religious belief, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.