- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: synthekine.com
- Company Address: 1505 Obrien Drive, Suite A/D, Menlo Park, California 94025, US
About SynthekineSynthekine is an engineered cytokine therapeutics company developing disease-optimized treatments. The company uses immunological insights to guide targeted protein engineering to generate transformative medicines for cancer and autoimmune disorders.
Synthekine is a Menlo Park, CA based biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing best in class cytokine therapeutics to treat cancer and autoimmunity. We use our unique insights on how cytokines bind to their receptors and tune these systems though protein engineering to generate therapeutics that have transformative potential. Synthekine was formed in 2019 and has raised $190M from leading biotech investors. We are advancing a deep pipeline of therapeutics against some of the most important cytokine targets. Come join us and help us give patients and physicians better options to treat disease and advance cytokine science along the way.
An ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced Project Management professional with demonstrated ability to manage drug development projects from research through IND-enabling studies to Phase 2 proof-of-concept. This individual will work closely with the project leader and cross-functional teams to define project strategy to meet corporate goals, develop integrated project plans, and implement plans to meet business objectives.
The successful candidate will draw upon their experience to:
- Develop and issue timely meeting agendas and minutes, facilitate project team meetings and follow up on action items, ensure effective cross-functional communication and decision making to maintain alignment between key internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate, document, and archive project team activities, meeting materials and decisions, act as a primary contact for project team related information.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project plan (goals, key objectives, deliverables, risks) and timelines to enable accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses for business planning processes.
- Oversee and prepares project team budget including key deliverables and assumptions to support project plan, resources and costs collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct, and timely communication and proven ability to foster important relationships with key stakeholders.
- Identify, recommend, and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes.
- Partner with the team leader to ensure the team achieve and maintains a high-level of sustainable performance, by applying appropriate team management best practices.
- Participate in establishment of project team system guidance, best practices, and implementation.
- Support new corporate development activities or other initiatives performing tasks as required supporting department, portfolio, or corporate needs.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and be able to demonstrate the following:
- B.A. or BSc. in Life Sciences with at least 10 years’ experience (12+ years for Director level) in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry and 5+ years’ direct development project management managing cross-functional teams. MSc., MBA or Ph.D. a plus
- PMP (Project Management Professional) or other PM certification or equivalent a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the company including internal partners and functional areas.
- Ability to summarize complex information into simple concepts for broad communication to project teams as well as for management status reports.
- Broad knowledge of the drug development process, coupled with strong proficiency in project management practices, tools, and methodology.
- Expertise in developing and managing project scope, deliverables, risks & resources requirements including:
o Scheduling building, tracking, management, and communication
o Budget management
o Risk management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders as well as to utilize strong conflict management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex issues.
- Ability to translate strategy into action. Strong influence, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of good decision making and exercising sound judgment.
- Experience using Project Management software to manage complex project timelines and resources.
- Proven ability/expertise to influence internal teams to achieve project goals.
- Experience building, managing, and articulating comprehensive, complex, cross-functional plans.
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, and Smartsheets
Synthekine requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
Synthekine is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.