- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 01/30/2023
- Website: carmot-therapeutics.us
- Company Address: 740 Heinz Avenue, Berkeley, CA, 94710
- Salary Range: $110,000 - $180,000
About Carmot TherapeuticsA chemotype evolution platform company developing therapies for metabolic disease and cancer
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotech company focused on the discovery of innovative drugs for the treatment of metabolic diseases, cancer, and inflammation. Carmot is applying a transformative technology, Chemotype Evolution, to overcome the limitations of conventional discovery technologies and to identify superior drug candidates for challenging therapeutic targets. With multiple discovery and translational programs, Carmot is seeking a cell biologist with a strong background in signal transduction and assay development to join the Biology team.
In this position, you will drive discovery efforts to identify new lead molecules, and design and execute mechanistic studies to characterize these compounds and their impact on cell signaling and physiology. In addition, you will help evaluate literature information and novel assay formats to ensure rapid progress and overall project success. This position requires working closely with scientists in biology, pharmacology, and chemistry as part of a multidisciplinary team. Our environment is exciting and fast paced, requiring you to be excellent at multitasking and easily adaptable to meet evolving goals. At Carmot we value diverse perspectives and encourage our scientists to contribute at multiple levels within the company, including strategic development.
- Work collaboratively within multidisciplinary project teams to identify novel modulators of G-protein coupled receptor.
- Generate new cell lines and assays to support discovery objectives
- Design and execute cell- or tissue-based assays to interrogate compound mechanism of action and establish SAR
- Effectively communicate results to team members and collaborators
- Work with team members to evaluate literature and develop scientific strategy
Required Experience and Skills:
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology or related field with 0-5 years of relevant post-graduate experience
- Strong publication record demonstrating expertise in receptor signaling and therapeutics
- Excellent scientist with passion for hands-on research and desire to lead from the bench
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture, including stable cell line generation
- Ability to multitask and contribute to several projects while remaining well organized
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to take unique and creative approaches to solve challenging problem
Carmot offers competitive salary, participation in our stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. This position is located onsite in Berkeley, CA. Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.