- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 02/06/2023
- Website: carmot-therapeutics.us
- Company Address: 740 Heinz Avenue, Berkeley, CA, 94710
- Salary Range: $65,000 - $140,000
About Carmot TherapeuticsA chemotype evolution platform company developing therapies for metabolic disease and cancer
Carmot Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative medicines for the treatment of metabolic diseases, cancer, and inflammation. Carmot has developed a transformative drug discovery approach, Chemotype Evolution, that overcomes major limitations in existing drug discovery approaches and provides a unique opportunity to tackle challenging disease targets. We have a broad metabolic pipeline and a portfolio of wholly-owned programs targeting class-B GPCRs and deubiquitinating enzymes, including our lead compound, CT-868, which is progressing toward Phase 2 clinical trials. Carmot is seeking a motivated, meticulous associate to join our drug discovery team.
As a Research Associate in the Biology group, you will contribute to discovery efforts to identify new drug candidates by generating high-quality screening data using a variety of plate-based cellular and biochemical assays. Additionally, you will help develop new methods to interrogate compound mechanism of action, effect on cell signaling and physiology. This position requires working closely with scientists in biology, pharmacology, and chemistry as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment. At Carmot we value diverse perspectives and encourage our employees to contribute at multiple levels within the company, including strategic development.
- Support multidisciplinary project teams to identify novel drug candidates for the treatment of metabolic disorders
- Develop, conduct and analyze cell-based assays to interrogate compound mechanism of action and establish SAR for GPCR-targets
- Generate and analyze primary screening and selectivity data to meet strict timelines and project goals
- Generate new cell lines and other tools to support discovery pipeline
- Troubleshoot and optimize experiments to ensure high-quality data is obtained
- Communicate key findings at project meetings and make recommendations for follow-up studies and prioritization
Experience and Skills:
- BS or MS in cellular biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related field with 1-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques and stable cell line generation is essential
- Clear understanding of cell signaling pathways and techniques used to measure second messengers such as cAMP and Ca2+
- Expertise using liquid handling instruments and microplate formats to generate large data sets
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Willingness to learn new skills and rapidly adapt to changing priorities for multiple projects
Carmot offers competitive salary, participation in our stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. This position is located onsite in Berkeley, CA.
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.