- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: cajalneuro.com
- Company Address: 1616 Eastlake Ave E, Ste 300, Seattle, WA, 98102
About Cajal NeuroscienceCajal Neuroscience is a drug discovery company focused on neurodegenerative disease. Cajal is inspired by the pioneering work of Nobel laureate Santiago Ramón y Cajal who illuminated the complexity of the brain by marrying art and science.
Cajal is seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders.
As a Scientist/Senior Scientist in the Drug Discovery group, you will be responsible for establishing and characterizing various in vivo models of neurodegenerative disease to support the evaluation of novel drug candidates.
Cajal is an equal opportunity employer that guarantees a work environment that respects and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Evaluate and characterize potential new mouse models for drug screening purposes.
- Perform pathology assessments across different stages of disease progression using histology or image based methods.
- Establish assays for translatable biomarkers (blood and CSF).
- Work with other Drug Discovery team members to design and execute in vivo experiments to support early discovery efforts.
This job might be great for you if you:
- Have experience labeling and identifying pathological markers of neurodegenerative disease in rodent models
- Have experience working with rodent models of Parkinson’s and/or Alzheimer’s diseases
- Have excellent bench skills and enjoy working in the laboratory
- Are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented startup environment
- Have experience working with imaging, behavior or other types of neurodegenerative disease datasets
- Have a PhD in neuroscience, pathology, biochemistry, or a related field
We are a well-funded team of experienced scientists, combining state-of-the-art approaches in computational biology, functional genomics, high-throughput imaging, and translational models. Our mission is to identify novel drug targets based on a deeper understanding into the spatiotemporal progression of disease and translate those discoveries into therapeutics that change the course of neurodegeneration.
Cajal is a team of people first, motivated by our shared mission to advance the field of neurodegeneration. We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members feel supported, connected, and energized at work. Our team members eagerly navigate the uncertainty and fast-paced environment of an early-stage biotech company and thrive on getting things done. We value creativity and curiosity in our work, and we take pride in the generosity, sincerity, and kindness of our team members.
- Competitive compensation based on experience level
- Health insurance: 100% coverage of premiums for employee, partner, & all dependents
- Dental insurance: 100% of premiums
- Vision insurance: 100% of premiums
- Life insurance: 100% of premiums for 2x salary coverage
- Access to Flexible Spending Account
- 401(K) Plan
- 4 weeks paid time off plus 10 company holidays
- 8 weeks parental leave for primary caregiver or 4 weeks for secondary caregiver in additional to WA Paid Family & Medical Leave (up to 12 additional weeks)
- Generous commuter benefits including free metro cards, on site locker rooms/showers/towel service, modern bike cage and free bike tunes
Located in the Eastlake neighborhood of Seattle, Cajal sits at the heart of a vibrant biotech community, directly between research giants such as the Allen Institute and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. We are surrounded by fellow innovative biotech companies and startups and within a stone’s throw of the beautiful Lake Union and the University of Washington. Our newly renovated office and labs offer ample natural light and stunning views of the Space Needle downtown. Our kitchen is fully stocked with coffee, tea, and snacks. All desks are sit-stand for maximal comfort and our meeting rooms seamlessly support hybrid teams.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, employment is conditioned upon full vaccination (per CDC guidelines) from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Cajal will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.