- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: rapt.com
- Company Address: 561 Eccles Avenue, South San Francisco, CA, 94080
About RAPT TherapeuticsRAPT Therapeutics is a clinical stage immunology-based biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing oral small molecule therapies for patients with significant unmet needs in oncology and inflammatory diseases.
Research Associate II
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to aid our internal research efforts to identify and develop new immune-based therapies for the treatment of inflammatory diseases. The selected candidate will be part of the Discovery Biology Group, where the data generated forms a critical element in preclinical target validation and the characterization of leading drug candidates in relevant immune models to aid program progression.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Conduct molecular biology experimentation, including the isolation and analysis of RNA and protein from cells (qPCR, western blots)
- Conduct routine cell culture, passaging and maintaining cells for experimentation using aseptic technique
- Isolate cells and establish primary cell cultures from murine tissues/organs or human peripheral blood
- Perform assays to evaluate the effect of candidate immunotherapies on mouse and human immune cell function
- Analyze data and present results
- Share knowledge by enthusiastic collaboration with other researchers inside and outside the group
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- B.S., M.S. equivalent in Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or a related discipline. At least 2 years of relevant experience in industrial or academic settings.
- Experience with cell culture is required
- Experience with primary cell isolation and handling is highly desired
- Experience with molecular biology techniques is highly desired
- Experience with imaging-based techniques (e.g., IncuCyte, histology) a plus
- Familiarity with inflammation and in vitro/in vivo models of inflammatory diseases a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot experimental challenges and deliver high-quality data for time-sensitive objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The candidate should enjoy operating in a dynamic environment where every voice matters
RAPT Therapeutics is an exciting company founded on the vision of creating new therapeutics through the innovative application of unexploited insights in immunology. The company was formed by a group of seasoned researchers from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, supported by two of the nation’s premier life sciences venture capital firms. We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, in the heart of the world’s largest biotechnology research hub. RAPT Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.