- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: oricpharma.com
- Company Address: 240 E. Grand Ave 2nd Floor, South San Francisco, CA, 94080
About ORIC PharmaceuticalsORIC Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving patients’ lives by Overcoming Resistance In Cancer. ORIC’s lead product candidate, ORIC-101, is a potent and selective small molecule antagonist of the glucocorticoid receptor, which has been linked to resistance to multiple classes of cancer therapeutics across a variety of solid tumors.
We're adding to our clinical team. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of pre-IND and clinical stage programs, by defining processes and tools to drive communication, alignment, and decision making. This person will ensure the implementation of a Program Management strategy to support scalability and meet organizational performance targets within agreed budgets and timelines. This role will also participate in key initiatives that have cross-functional or cross-company impact.
This is an exciting, interdisciplinary role for a highly qualified and motivated individual. The successful candidate will combine a strong understanding of entire continuum of drug development including Research, Nonclinical, IND/CTA-enabling studies, Clinical Development and CMC, with the organizational and interpersonal skills required to build and foster strong relationships with collaborators. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to be both detail oriented and to think strategically.
The position is based in either South San Francisco or San Diego and will report to the Chief Medical Officer.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Oversee program management activities including planning, reporting, global risk assessment and mitigation, and lessons learned.
- Foster leadership, strategic and scientific thinking, and business acumen while setting high standards that drive alignment, collaboration, accountability and goal achievement within project and program teams.
- Oversee ongoing development and maintenance of integrated cross-functional project plans including Target Product Profiles, project timelines and budgets to enable accurate financial and portfolio analysis and planning.
- Report and present program information to the Executive Management, functional heads, and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate decision-making, collaboration, and problem-solving with people at all levels of the organization and partners to accomplish shared goals.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Program Leader, lead the cross-functional teams responsible for product development, registration, and commercialization.
- Identify and champion best practices in Program Management, including the use of templates, tools, systems and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, and effective planning.
The successful candidate possesses:
- Advanced degree preferred and >10 years of Program Management experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry.
- Thorough understanding of the Program Management discipline and drug development at all stages (pre-IND/CTA to commercialization).
- Ability to integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively.
- Track record of delivering in a fast-paced, innovative, dynamic environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills; ability to communicate and present clearly and concisely; bringing issues to closure with both executive management and scientists.
- Outstanding leadership skills including an innovative approach to problem-solving, and an integrated view of business and scientific issues
Willingness to travel up to approximately 20% predominately within California.