- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: www.hexagonbio.com
- Company Address: 1490 OBrien Dr, Menlo Park, CA, 94025
About Hexagon BioHexagon Bio is a data-driven biopharma company developing targeted small molecule therapeutics. Our proprietary platform combines data science, genomics, synthetic biology, chemistry and automation to discover potent, evolutionarily-refined small molecules and their cognate targets directly from DNA sequences. We are mining fungal genomes for inspiration for the next generation of targeted therapies for diseases with unmet needs.
Hexagon Bio is leveraging its proprietary genomics-based platform and understanding of natural product evolution to develop the next generation of medicines for human disease. Hexagon Bio's algorithms identify biosynthetic gene clusters that encode the machinery needed to produce specialized metabolites that can be used to identify and modulate human disease targets. Our unique synthetic biology platform allows us to produce new chemical leads based on these findings. Hexagon’s highly interdisciplinary platform uses data science, genomics, synthetic biology and automation to discover potent, evolutionarily refined small molecules and their cognate targets directly from fungal genomes.
As a computational biologist at Hexagon Bio, your job will be to leverage modern computational methods to mine genome data.
You will interface with our biology and chemistry teams, helping us use sequencing and synthetic biology to create novel drugs for diseases with unmet need. We are a small team, so we are looking for people who want to take a leadership role, helping us build a successful, next-generation drug company.
- a PhD or equivalent experience in computational biology or bioinformatics
- extensive programming experience, preferably Python
- experience with pipelining tools like snakemake and nextflow preferred
- experience with DNA sequence analysis, alignment and assembly preferred
- experience with statistics and/or machine learning preferred
- an interest in drug development and biotech
- the flexibility to work at the early stages of a startup
Hexagon Bio is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.