Research Associate II/ Senior Research Associate - Translational Medicine
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 09/19/2022
- Website: tenayatherapeutics.com
- Company Address: 171 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, California , 94080
About Tenaya TherapeuticsTenaya Therapeutics is a developer of novel therapies designed to offer treatment for heart disease. The company's therapies address heart failure through multipronged efforts that target the fundamental cellular pathologies present in diseased cardiac muscle and that leverage cutting-edge research in cardiac development and regeneration,enabling physicians to regenerate heart tissue, and additional programs focused on cardiomyopathies.
Tenaya has an immediate need for a Research Associate II/ Senior Research Associate with experience in nonclinical and clinical biomarker work. The ideal candidate is creative and self-motivated with a passion for experimental science and teamwork. We are looking for a self-starter and problem-solver who will work closely with the team aligned around a compelling mission to drive the company’s success.
- In collaboration with supervisor, design and execute a range of biomarker experiments using cell and molecular biology techniques
- Management of nonclinical and clinical samples in biorepositories
- Manage assay development qualification and validation at external analytical lab partners/CRO
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external scientists
- Evaluate and implement novel and emerging technologies for biomarker assays
- Contribute to routine laboratory and instrument maintenance
- Documentation including writing/reviewing technical procedures, presentation of results in team meetings and maintaining laboratory notebook
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in biology, biochemistry, or related discipline with at least 2 years (RAII) or 5 years (SRAI) of relevant experience in the biotech/biopharma industry
- Assay development and qualification experience with multiple platforms covering RNA, protein and metabolic analytes such as immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, ELISA, MSD, Luminex, qPCR and/or ddPCR, western blot, mass spectrometry
- Prior experience with standard mammalian cell culture techniques
- Prior experience with sample management operations including experience with databases
- Prior experience with mouse models a plus
- The ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, to communicate clearly and effectively, as well as to build open and collaborative relationships are essential.
- Ability to function well both independently and as part of a small, dedicated team
- A positive attitude and strong attention to details are required.
We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team that is focused on a compelling vision and mission.
We offer competitive salary and stock options. Excellent medical and non-medical benefits. Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
State-of-the-art, built-to-suit office and lab space, part of a larger cluster of biotech companies, with amenities that include a bowling alley and onsite gym.
Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry.
Tenaya is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.