Sr. Scientist/ Scientist, Biochemistry and Cellular Physiology
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 09/19/2022
- Website: oricpharma.com
- Company Address: 240 E. Grand Ave 2nd Floor, South San Francisco, CA, 94080
About ORIC PharmaceuticalsORIC Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving patients’ lives by Overcoming Resistance In Cancer. ORIC’s lead product candidate, ORIC-101, is a potent and selective small molecule antagonist of the glucocorticoid receptor, which has been linked to resistance to multiple classes of cancer therapeutics across a variety of solid tumors.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist/ Scientist at ORIC to join our Biochemistry and Cellular Physiology Department. They will drive drug discovery with the goal of identifying targets and developing therapeutics to overcome drug resistance in cancer. This is an ideal position for a scientist eager to drive drug discovery efforts from target discovery to therapeutics with unlimited opportunity for growth in oncology research. The successful candidate will drive the development and implementation of biochemical as well as cellular assays in support of cancer drug discovery in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment. Enthusiasm for basic science with a drug discovery translational angle is a must.
- Driver of biochemical and cellular assay development on drug discovery project teams
- Display depth of expertise and ability to implement innovation
- Identify critical biological questions, conceptualize, plan, design and supervise experimental execution
- Demonstrate independent thought and creativity in projects and programs
- Display excellent scientific communication and collaborative nature
Qualifications & Experience:
- You have Ph.D. in biology, molecular biology, cell biology or related discipline with postdoctoral training (or evidence of equivalent industry experience) with at least 3-6 years of professional/ industry experience. Scientist/Sr Scientist level commensurate with experience.
- You have proven experience and expertise in design and implementation of biochemical and cellular assays for drug discovery
- You are passionate and intensely curious about the relevant concepts in cancer biology. You are enthusiastic to learn more.
- You may have experience in cell cycle and/or DNA damage pathway biology
- You may have a track record in contributing to study reports to support IND filings
- You display outstanding oral presentation and written communication skills that showcases excellent data interpretation and scientific judgement
- You may have experience supervising junior staff or CRO-based researchers
- You must be comfortable working collaboratively and thrive in a fast-paced research environment.