- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences QA/QC
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: carmot-therapeutics.us
- Company Address: 740 Heinz Avenue, Berkeley, CA, 94710
About Carmot TherapeuticsCarmot Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage company dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative medicines. Carmot applies a transformative, patented drug discovery approach, Chemotype Evolution to explore novel frontiers of chemistry and biology. Using Chemotype Evolution, Carmot has developed a portfolio of drug candidates in metabolic disease and oncology.
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotech company focused on the discovery of innovative drugs for the treatment of metabolic diseases and cancer. Carmot is expanding the frontiers of drug discovery through application of its Chemotype Evolution platform to advance new treatments for metabolic disease and oncology affecting millions of patients in need.
Carmot is seeking a highly motivated Automation Specialist to join our Drug Discovery Technology Team to expand exciting applications of the Chemotype Evolution platform. In this research position you will play a central role in development and implementation of high-throughput workflows incorporating a variety of instruments and technologies.
In this position the candidate will expand and develop automated high-throughput chemistry and drug screening workflows utilizing robotic liquid handling and assay readout platforms. Candidates will be skilled in operation of walk-up and integrated platforms. The ideal candidate is a team-player, motivated by novel challenges and enthusiastically pursues creative solutions to achieve common goals.
- Operation of and method development for lab instrumentation and robotic platforms
- Evaluate and implement new enabling technologies and methodologies
- Interface with service engineers to troubleshoot and ensure automation equipment uptime
- Adapting assays to automation protocols while providing training and documentation
- Strong initiative, biased toward action, high integrity, with drive to hit project deadlines
- Opportunity to gain laboratory research experience
Required experience and skills
- BS, or MS and relevant industry experience with drug discovery, high-throughput screening, or related field
- Experience with lab instrumentation and robotic platforms and scheduling software
- Prior experience with drug discovery and compound screening using biochemical and/or cell-based assays is desirable
This position is located in our Berkeley, California headquarters.
Carmot offers competitive salary, participation in our stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits.
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.