- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 09/19/2022
- Website: plexium.com
- Company Address: 11494 Sorrento Valley Rd, San Diego, CA, 92121
About PlexiumPlexium is the premier, next-generation targeted protein degradation company, seeking to discover a wide range of monovalent target protein degraders that address the limitations of PROTACs and cereblon.
Plexium is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing first-in-class protein degrader therapeutics that go beyond the limitations of bivalent degraders and cereblon molecular glues. Our novel integrated drug discovery platform consists of state-of-the-art medicinal chemistry and DNA-encoded library technologies, ultra-high throughput cell-based screening, deep biological understanding of protein degradation, and extensive proteomics and informatics capabilities. Our integrated platform allows us to discover and develop novel degraders of therapeutically validated proteins for cancer and other important disease areas.
Plexium has a positive, friendly, and collaborative work environment with a culture that values teamwork, initiative, ownership and thoughtful risk-taking in developing innovative solutions to challenging scientific problems. We are committed to fostering innovation at all levels, cross-functional team collaboration, and supporting the growth and development of our team members.
Plexium is seeking an outstanding scientist to support our drug discovery programs. An individual with in-depth knowledge and expertise in ADME and PK/PD is essential. This position will collaborate, align and influence cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate key project questions related to PK, metabolism, assessment of DDI risk, support of IND enabling ADME and toxicology efforts in addition to supporting PK/PD studies and human dose projection calculations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Coordination of DMPK activities at CRO’s and guide project DMPK activities across multiple phases, including lead discovery, lead optimization and regulatory filings
- Design and execute preclinical studies to understand the pharmacokinetics (PK) and absorption, metabolism, distribution, and excretion (ADME) of drug candidates
- Responsible for overseeing the analysis, interpretation, integration and reporting of preclinical DMPK data
- Participate in the management of CROs for the conduct of in vitro/in vivo ADME studies, including IND-enabling studies and studies to support clinical development
- Demonstrated PK and PK/PD data analysis and modeling/simulation experience and ability to leverage insights for advising early prediction of translation biomarker strategies and drug/drug interactions
- Provide expertise in human PK and efficacious dose prediction of drug candidates using different approaches
Education and Experience Requirements
- PhD in Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics, Chemistry or related scientific discipline with a minimum of 10+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical drug discovery and development experience; or BS/MS with 15+ years of experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to plan, organize, and critically assess and/or perform PK/PD data analyses/modeling
- Knowledge of the latest in technological and regulatory advances in the DMPK arena and demonstrate strong interest and expertise in PK and physicochemical properties modeling techniques
- Strong knowledge of drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics principles
- Experience in serving as the lead ADME/PK expert on discovery and lead optimization teams
- Experience in applying DMPK concepts and principles to drug discovery and development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence
Notice to third party recruitment agencies: Plexium does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed recruitment services agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement Plexium shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Plexium.