- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 09/19/2022
- Website: ngmbio.com
- Company Address: 333 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA, 94080
About NGM BioNGM Biopharmaceuticals is a privately-held drug discovery company committed to identifying transformational medicines that dramatically improve human health. Based on emerging human clinical and genetic observations, the company has devised several innovative experimental approaches to discover new therapies for the treatment of metabolic andcardiovascular diseases.
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is focused on discovering and developing novel, life-changing medicines for people whose health and lives have been disrupted by disease. Our biology-centric drug discovery approach aims to seamlessly integrate interrogation of complex disease-associated biology and protein engineering expertise to unlock proprietary insights that are leveraged to generate promising product candidates and enable their rapid advancement into proof-of-concept studies. As explorers on the frontier of life-changing science, we aspire to operate one of the most productive research and development engines in the biopharmaceutical industry and our research team has a track record of producing an average of one new IND candidate per year. Today the company has seven disclosed programs, including four in Phase 2 or 2b studies, across three therapeutic areas: cancer, retinal diseases, and liver and metabolic diseases.
NGM is excited to hire a Senior Research Associate to join our growing Oncology Discovery Research team. This role is perfect for a recently-graduated Masters or undergrad with in vivo modeling experience, looking to contribute to innovative drug discovery projects as part of a dynamic team with access to a robust and validated large molecule engineering pipeline.
- Perform in vivo cancer modeling experiments to enable target discovery and validation
- Serve as coordinator for in vivo research models across NGM’s Discovery pipeline; this looks like running simultaneous models for 2-4 programs in our on-site vivarium. Ability to multi-task and coordinate efforts are key strengths of a strong applicant.
- Support research into cancer therapeutics starting from intriguing preliminary observations of cancer-specific molecule targeting
- Analyze complex experimental data using a variety of tools, including Excel and Graphpad Prism
- Present results to management and other research staff
- Actively participate in external meetings and courses to further develop in vivo modeling skillset
- In vivo research skills, with experience managing murine research colonies/models
- General molecular biology skills, such as nucleic acid extraction, cloning, qPCR, western blot, ELISA, and mammalian cell culture
- Syngeneic tumor implant or Cancer GEMM experience is also welcome
- Project Management: able to independently oversee and drive concurrent in vivo investigations contributing to multiple projects/programs at the same time.
- Experimental Design: excited to transform ideas into actionable experiments
- Giving and Receiving Feedback: able to engage thoughtfully in the feedback process, both scientifically and interpersonally
- Collaboration: stoked to work across disciplines and learn things from others
- Communicating Complexity: panache for concisely and enthusiastically articulating scientific findings and processes
- B.Sci. or Masters in biological sciences, with preference for experience using preclinical models of cancer biology
- Evidence of sustained productivity and success running cancer models
- No prior industry experience is required