- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 09/19/2022
- Website: plexium.com
- Company Address: 11494 Sorrento Valley Rd, San Diego, CA, 92121
About PlexiumPlexium is the premier, next-generation targeted protein degradation company, seeking to discover a wide range of monovalent target protein degraders that address the limitations of PROTACs and cereblon.
Plexium’s biology group is seeking a Senior Research Associate to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the discovery of novel targeted protein degradation therapeutics. The ideal candidate will have experience related to iPSC cell line culture and maintenance, cell-based assay development, and other biochemical analytical techniques. This is a hands-on position that requires the ability to be productive in a rapidly evolving environment. The successful candidate will be a team player and able to work closely with others to solve complex problems.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Independently culturing and maintaining human iPSC cell lines
- Differentiation of iPSCs into neurons
- Independently execute cell-based experiments to evaluate the efficacy and mechanism of action (MoA) of new compounds
- Troubleshoot existing and develop new protocols addressing key scientific questions
- Generate and present critical and supporting data for CNS group
- Perform data analysis and communicate scientific data and concepts effectively through presentations, protocols, and reports
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with multiple internal teams
Education and Experience Requirements
- B.S. or M.S in a relevant scientific discipline e.g. cell biology, biochemistry, etc. and 5+ years of relevant drug discovery experience
- Broad expertise in mammalian cell culture skills; maintenance of iPSCs and their differentiation into neuronal cells are a plus
- Experience developing and troubleshooting cell-based assays for neuronal cells are preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with analytical techniques such as western blotting, immunocytochemistry, qPCR, ELISA and HTRF
- Fluorescent Imaging and analysis not required but is a plus
Notice to third party recruitment agencies: Plexium does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed recruitment services agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement Plexium shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Plexium.