- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: eikontx.com
- Company Address: 3929 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545
About Eikon TherapeuticsEikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of biology, engineering and chemistry to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells.
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
The Director of DMPK is central to our Drug Discovery pipeline. Reporting to the Vice President, Chemistry, you will establish and build Eikon’s DMPK function.
You’re a DMPK expert and leader who loves to solve difficult problems and are not discouraged by challenges. You’re a hands-on project manager who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You’re well-organized, detail oriented, and take pride in your ability to rapidly analyze situations and judicious decisions. You’re collaborative by nature with uncompromising integrity. You’re conscientious and pay almost obsessive attention to detail, documentation and organization are second nature. You are excited about being a foundational member of a rapidly growing team.
What You’ll Do
- Represent DMPK as the technical expert on project teams, providing scientific, and strategic leadership, ensuring effective application and integration of ADME, PK, and PK/PD studies
- Establish and manage all nonclinical DMPK activities including protocol development, budget, timelines, oversight of outsourced activities, data analysis/interpretation and report writing
- Supervise and mentor in-house DMPK, formulations, and bioanalytical scientists to design and execute experiments and data reporting
- Work in close collaboration with interdisciplinary drug discovery teams, including pharmacologists, to optimize the DMPK properties within the established timelines and design pharmacokinetic aspects of nonclinical pharmacology and nonclinical toxicology studies such as PK/PD relationships, predicting human doses and safety margins
- Effectively manage CROs to design and execute, both in vitro and in vivo, DMPK experiments to support our drug discovery and development programs
- Communicate DMPK data and provide interpretation of results to project teams, senior management, and other stakeholders
- Oversee the preparation of nonclinical DMPK/ADME reports and the relevant sections of regulatory submissions documents
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Pharmacology or related discipline with at least 10+ years of industrial experience in Drug Discovery and Development in DMPK, PK/PD and ADME
- Strong track record of drug discovery experience, success and leadership, exemplified by advancement of programs through all stages of discovery to IND filing
- In depth understanding of the experimental DMPK methodologies and approaches, both in vitro and in vivo
- In-depth knowledge of FDA and ICH guidelines, including experience in the preparation of regulatory documents and knowledge of regulatory guidance in relation to DMPK activities
- Hands-on experience in PK and PK/PD analysis, quantitative and qualitative LC-MS analysis, in vitro and in vivo biotransformation, and human PK and drug interaction predictions.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.