- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 08/01/2022
- Website: ngmbio.com
- Company Address: 333 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA, 94080
About NGM BioNGM Biopharmaceuticals is a privately-held drug discovery company committed to identifying transformational medicines that dramatically improve human health. Based on emerging human clinical and genetic observations, the company has devised several innovative experimental approaches to discover new therapies for the treatment of metabolic andcardiovascular diseases.
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is focused on discovering and developing novel, life-changing medicines for people whose health and lives have been disrupted by disease. Our biology-centric drug discovery approach aims to seamlessly integrate interrogation of complex disease-associated biology and protein engineering expertise to unlock proprietary insights that are leveraged to generate promising product candidates and enable their rapid advancement into proof-of-concept studies. As explorers on the frontier of life-changing science, we aspire to operate one of the most productive research and development engines in the biopharmaceutical industry and our research team has a track record of producing an average of one new IND candidate per year. Today the company has seven disclosed programs, including four in Phase 2 or 2b studies, across three therapeutic areas: cancer, retinal diseases, and liver and metabolic diseases.
The NGM Translational Science team is excited to hire a Research Associate who is passionate about applying scientific discoveries to the development of new cancer therapies. This role is perfect for a well-rounded researcher who brings mixture of in vivo experience with cell and molecular biology skills. The position will provide exceptional hands-on learning and training opportunities and plenty of room for growth.
- Work independently, and as part of a multifunctional project team, to design and execute experiments to advance NGM’s immune-oncology research and development objectives
- Perform data analysis and interpretation
- Present work at project team meetings and to R&D leadership
- Proficiency with in vivo techniques, e.g., mouse handling, dosing (sc, iv, ip.), implantation and tissue harvesting/processing. Experience in cancer immunology is desirable. Experience with other disease models is a plus
- Proficiency in cell culture, microscopy, live cell imaging
- Experience performing RT-PCR/quantitative PCR, cloning, ELISA, Luminex assays, DNA/RNA/protein extraction, western blotting
- Experience performing immunology-related biological assays, immunohistochemical/fluorescent staining, flow cytometry and analysis
- Computer & data analysis skills: Graph Pad Prism, Excel, MS office, FlowJo
- Proficiency in maintaining accurate and up-to-date laboratory records
- Critical evaluation and interpretation of scientific literature
- Ability to troubleshoot experiments and identify alternative strategies
- BS in a Biological Science with at least 2-5 years of hands-on laboratory work experience
- Scientific curiosity and a passion for biology, scientific discovery, and drug development
- Strong self-motivation and work ethic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills