- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 08/01/2022
- Website: eikontx.com
- Company Address: 3929 Point Eden Way, Hayward, CA 94545
About Eikon TherapeuticsEikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of biology, engineering and chemistry to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells.
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
As a Principal Scientist in the Platform Biology team at Eikon, you will drive advancements of our core imaging technology and leverage our capabilities to deliver candidates to our development team. To do so, you will lead and be a member of multiple cross-functional teams composed of other biologists, chemists, microscope engineers, software engineers, and data scientists that will collaborate to drive these projects and programs forward.
- You're a rigorous experimentalist who thinks critically and takes pride in the quality of bench work that you and your team deliver.
- You enjoy talking about photons and tolerate people rolling their eyes when you explain how pixel size is an experimental parameter when they ask you for help using a microscope.
- You enjoy collaborating with software engineers and data scientists to deliver results that help programs and projects hit their milestones.
- You enjoy being a productive member of a cross functional project team and developing in vitro assays that help deliver small molecule candidates across the preclinical stage gates.
- You’re curious, love challenges, and enjoy developing ideas that push the edge of technology to solve important problems.
- You’re resourceful and collaborative by nature. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working in a cross-disciplinary team
What You’ll Do
- Get buy-in on your ideas to enable the identification of medicines that improve and extend life.
- Work with cross functional stakeholders to industrialize the single particle tracking platform and deploy it across multiple discovery efforts.
- Lead activities for technical development projects and drug discovery programs while collaborating with assay biologists, biochemists, chemists, and software engineers, and data scientists.
- Dive deep into disease areas of interest to Eikon to fully understand the biology of our targets and programs
- Improve data analysis systems through detection, troubleshooting, and escalating feature requests in coordination with functional owners to create proactive identification of system-wide failures, outages, and bottlenecks.
- Own and manage experiments throughout their life-cycle from onboarding to delivering results, ensuring that each experiment has a clear purpose and processing plan that is well understood and specified for each functional group that is part of making it successful, including Biology, Lab Operations, Engineering, chemistry, and Data Science
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- Build, manage, and train a small team of scientists and associates that will help do the same.
- PhD degree or equivalent experience in molecular/cell biology, biochemistry, or related discipline
- Must have 6+ years experience of drug discovery in an industry setting. Fewer years are acceptable with demonstrated success that is more targeted to the role.
- Prior (hands-on) use of microscopy to advance a preclinical drug discovery program
- A track record demonstrating scientific vigor and creativity while carrying out independent research
- Strong time management, organizational, and collaboration skills
- Exemplary communication skills: written, and verbal across cross-functional teams
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.