- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 09/20/2022
- Website: synthekine.com
- Company Address: 1505 Obrien Drive, Suite A/D, Menlo Park, California 94025, US
About SynthekineSynthekine is an engineered cytokine therapeutics company developing disease-optimized treatments. The company uses immunological insights to guide targeted protein engineering to generate transformative medicines for cancer and autoimmune disorders.
Synthekine is a Menlo Park, CA based biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing best in class cytokine therapeutics to treat cancer and autoimmunity. We use our unique insights on how cytokines bind to their receptors and tune these systems though protein engineering to generate therapeutics that have transformative potential. Synthekine was formed in 2019 and has raised $190M from leading biotech investors. We are advancing a deep pipeline of therapeutics against some of the most important cytokine targets. Come join us and help us give patients and physicians better options to treat disease and advance cytokine science along the way.
Synthekine is looking for a driven & talented Biomarker Data Analyst/Immunologist to play a key role in the analysis and assessment of proteomic and genomic data to advance Synthekine’s therapeutic programs. The individual will have fundamental knowledge and skills in immunology and a strong understanding of computational biology. The candidate will have a good perception of the translation oncology space including Phase 1 and 2 oncology clinical trials with knowledge of the clinical immune monitoring programs for immunotherapy drugs. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to build-up on experience in single cell data analysis skills by being involved in the assessment and interpretation of high-dimensional immune monitoring data and drive exploratory analysis of clinical studies.
- Primarily responsible for the development and maintenance of data analysis infrastructure for all phases of the nonclinical and clinical programs. Perform flow cytometry data analysis and interpret the results accurately and timely for Synthekine’s preclinical and clinical study programs
- Responsible to plan, evaluate and develop meaningful clinical flow cytometry data analysis that will result in graphical representation of the data and prepare data visualization slides for technical discussions and interpretation.
- Contributes, assists, and trains members of the team in conducting single cell high dimensional data analysis from multiple data sources and participates in the performance and evaluation of big data visualization tools.
- Scientist Level: PhD in Immunology or Cell Biology, or similar fields with minimum of 3-5 years post-graduate experience in clinical immune monitoring programs; Senior Scientist Level: PhD in Immunology or Cell Biology, or similar fields with minimum of 5-8 years post-graduate experience in clinical immune monitoring programs. Persons with BS/MS degree who have comparable depth and breadth of training and experience and who meet job-specific criteria are eligible for consideration.
- Prior experience with multi-color flow cytometry and in high-dimensional flow cytometric data analyses using targeted and unbiased software applications, such as CytoBank, or FCS Express or Flow Jo.
- Familiarity with other assay platforms that generate deep data such as transcriptomics, proteomics, or genomics. Demonstrates strong aptitude for data analytics, mathematical and statistical concepts
- Expertise in managing, curating, and analyzing large datasets accumulated via multiplexed, multicolor (>35, and/ or deep-data platforms (e.g., NGS or proteomics). Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and strong proficiency in documentation skills
- Expertise in statistical analyses of large datasets and creating visualizations of data via software analytic tools, such as Spotfire, Tableau, or similar tools
- Expertise with writing/running software scripts, e.g., R or Python, or deployment of supervised/unsupervised machine-based learning algorithms to deconvolute high-dimensional analyses.
- Bioinformatic analyses experience is desirable. Use novel computational approaches to isolate potential biomarkers from disparate data sources
- Actively participate in presentations of Clinical translational data and scientific discussions in internal meetings. Communicate experimental findings accurately and concisely in both oral and written form.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication. Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Synthekine’s scientific and business goals
- Must work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Synthekine requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
Synthekine is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.