- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 08/01/2022
- Website: kallyope.com
- Company Address: 430 E. 29th Street, New York, NY, 10016
About KallyopeKallyope is a platform biotechnology company dedicated to unlocking the therapeutic potential of the gut-brain axis. The company integrates cutting-edge technologies in sequencing, computational biology, neural imaging, cellular and molecular biology, and human genetics to provide an understanding of gut-brain biology that will lead to transformational therapeutics that improve human health.
We are seeking a Payroll and Benefits Analyst to support the administration of payroll and benefits and ensure accuracy and alignment across systems of our employee master data. You will be responsible for entering payroll information, calculating wages, and executing payroll runs according to our schedule, and collaborate closely with the broader People Operations team to coordinate benefits administration activities and administer operational processes used to deliver programs and projects. The ideal candidate with have a strong attention to detail, operate with the utmost confidentiality and professionalism, and possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Manage payroll for the company, including but not limited to:
- Data management of compensation packages in Paylocity.
- Collecting and verifying timekeeping information for all employees.
- Calculating pay according to hours worked (incorporating leaves and overtime), bonuses, commissions, garnishments, unemployment and severance (as appropriate).
- Initiating periodical payments by preparing and administering checks or making direct deposits through a bank payment system.
- Interface with the People Operations team and employees directly to answers questions and solve problems related to payroll, benefits, and systems.
- Support implementation of scalable methodologies and tools to optimize operations and streamline core processes.
- Performs employee data management and analysis processes to ensure that data is secure and maintained consistent with company policies and privacy regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in accounting or business administration is a plus.
- Proven experience in payroll, with a detailed understanding of all related laws at the state and federal level. Familiarity with general accounting principles a plus.
- Experience in data collection, entry, and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Solid knowledge of HR systems specific to payroll, benefits, and employee data management. Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
Kallyope is a new biotechnology company headquartered in New York City. Founded by Richard Axel, Tom Maniatis, and Charles Zuker from Columbia University, Kallyope is focused on the identification of new therapeutic and nutritional opportunities involving the gut and gut-brain axis. The Company leverages the founders’ formidable expertise in molecular biology, neuroscience, and behavior to identify new approaches to human health.
Kallyope is seeking creative, highly motivated individuals who are interested in working in a biotech environment that is scientifically stimulating, highly collaborative, and laser focused on translational biology. The Company is creating an industry-leading platform employing cutting edge technologies including sequencing, genetics, circuit mapping, neural imaging and bioinformatics. By integrating and applying complementary tools and approaches to the understanding of gut and gut-brain biology, Kallyope aims to develop transformational therapeutics and consumer products to improve human health and nutrition.
The Company is headquartered in the Alexandria Center® for Life Sciences, a state-of-the-art, collaborative life science campus in the heart of Manhattan, with close proximity to New York City’s world-leading clinical and research institutions. Kallyope has raised $252M in funding from several top-tier investors. The Company has assembled a leadership team and advisory group with a proven track record of success and strong expertise in drug discovery and translation. The founding scientific team is composed of highly creative and talented individuals with outstanding expertise in the Company’s core platform technologies. For more information, see www.kallyope.com.