- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 08/08/2022
- Website: nurabio.com
- Company Address: 161 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, California, 94080
About Nura BioAt Nura Bio (previously known as Proneurotech Inc.), we envision a world where the diagnosis of a neurological disorder comes with the hope of a cure. Expanding on recent breakthroughs in crucial neurodegenerative pathways, we are positioned to deliver transformative neuroprotective therapies to prevent and protect against neuronal loss and related neuroimmune dysregulation.
Nura Bio is a venture-backed biopharmaceutical company located in South San Francisco, CA. At Nura Bio, we are transforming recent scientific breakthroughs in axonal degeneration and neuroimmune regulation into neuroprotective medicines to offer renewed hope for those affected by serious neurological diseases.
We are looking for a highly motivated Scientist or Associate Scientist to join the Quantitative Biology team. In your role, you will be focused on developing and deploying high-quality drug discovery assays to drive project decisions. As a member of the Nura Bio team, you will be part of a culture of scientific excellence, rigorous innovation, collaboration, and fun! We offer exciting professional growth opportunities, highly competitive compensation, equity, and a generous benefits package.
- Develop and deploy high-quality biochemical and cellular assays, analyze and interpret data, communicate results to the project team
- Maintain a highly organized approach to experiments, summarizing challenges and solutions to team members
- Work closely with interdisciplinary project teams to prioritize and address compound screening, mechanism of action studies, and other experiments as needed
- Evaluate and recommend novel approaches, technologies, and tools to advance programs
- BS or MS in biochemistry, cell biology, or a related discipline with 5+ years of professional experience with clear scientific achievements
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and execute experiments
- Significant experience with biochemical and/or cellular assays, ideally in pursuit of therapeutics
- Experience with mammalian cell culture with cell lines and/or primary cells
- Direct experience with a variety of assay readouts (e.g. fluorescence, luminescence, AlphaLISA, TR-FRET)
- Direct experience with varied laboratory instrumentation (e.g. flow cytometry, Incucyte, MSD, automated liquid handling)
- A desire to learn and work with interdisciplinary teams to solve challenging problems
If you have the experience we are seeking and would like the opportunity to contribute to our mission, we would like to hear from you! Please send your CV with a cover letter delineating why you are interested to join Nura Bio.
Nura Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.