- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 08/01/2022
- Website: neuronatherapeutics.com
- Company Address: 170 Harbor Way, South San Francisco, CA, 94080
About Neurona TherapeuticsNeurona is a biotherapeutics company developing neural cell therapies with single-dose curative potential for the treatment of chronic neurological disorders. Based on a novel neural cell lineage pioneered by the company’s scientific founders, Neurona has built a robust regenerative platform and is developing neuronal, glial, and gene-edited cell therapy candidates that provide long-term repair of dysfunctional neural networks for multiple neurological disorders.
Neurona Therapeutics is an early stage biotechnology company based in South San Francisco focused on the development of neuronal cell-based therapies for intractable neurological diseases. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who has a passion for method development and qualification that can thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The successful candidate will work as a member of the Process Sciences department on the Assay Development and Quality Control Teams to develop / fine-tune analytical methods and qualify testing protocols on our cell therapy drug products. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team, work on transformative science, and take part in building an exciting, science-driven company.
- Development and qualification of analytical methods to characterize Neurona’s cell therapy drug products.
- Preparation and analysis of cell samples for flow cytometry (FC), Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR), gel electrophoresis, immunocytochemistry, fluorescence in-situ hybridization, ELISA and biological potency assays.
- Work with outside CROs for outsourcing of testing not performed on-site.
- Work with Neurona scientists to track expression and provide feedback on critical targets during cell-therapeutic development and production.
- Thaw, maintain and bank control cell line cultures with aseptic techniques.
- Maintain rigorous documentary records in laboratory notebooks, QC reports and databases.
- At least two years of industrial assay development experience is required.
- Availability to work augmented and flexible hours and on occasional weekends.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with ddPCR, FC and ELISA methods and their development are preferred.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with proven experience in developing cell-based and molecular biology assays from scratch.
- Experience working within a Quality Management System is an asset.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or biochemistry with 2+ years of industrial research experience
- Desired: Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or biochemistry with 5+ years of industrial research experience or a Masters with 2+ years of industrial research experience.
- Title will change depending on education and industry experience.