- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Manufacturing
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Post Date: 09/19/2022
- Website: plexium.com
- Company Address: 11494 Sorrento Valley Rd, San Diego, CA, 92121
About PlexiumPlexium is the premier, next-generation targeted protein degradation company, seeking to discover a wide range of monovalent target protein degraders that address the limitations of PROTACs and cereblon.
Plexium is a drug discovery company focused in developing impactful therapies for cancer and other serious diseases by unlocking the potential of targeted protein degradation. We work at the intersection of engineering, chemistry, and biology, utilizing DNA-encoded libraries (DELs) and the richness of phenotypic assays to explore new frontiers in drug discovery. We are committed to fostering innovation and cross-functional collaboration while supporting the growth of our team members.
The successful candidate will be an expert in applying modern computational (structure- & ligand-based design, MD etc.) and cheminformatics (data mining and visualization) tools to small molecule drug discovery projects. The candidate will lead or be a member of project teams and will be recognized as an expert contributor of modern computational chemistry know how. Key interactions will be with project teams and especially with medicinal and library chemists, drug discovery leadership, informatics and IT.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Expertly apply SBDD, molecular modeling and dynamics, 3D QSAR an other tools to support internal drug discovery projects from idea to clinical candidate selection
- Support new target selection with structural analysis and application of state-of-the-art computational tools
- Conduct library design with state-of-the-art computational tools, including library enumeration and property computation
- Perform virtual screening and ensure that virtual libraries maintain drug likeness
- Provide computational ADME/Tox support for lead discovery and hit-to-lead programs
- Provide educational support in good medicinal chemical practices and train the Plexium scientific community in the best use of visualization and enumeration tools and their proper interpretation
Education and Experience Requirements
- PhD in Chemistry or a related field
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in small molecule drug discovery
Skills and Knowledge
- Expert with modern computational chemistry software such as Schrodinger, MOE, Pipeline Pilot, KNIME, and Rosetta
- Good knowledge of computational techniques to structural and ADME/Tox problems in support of both lead discovery and lead optimization
- Good knowledge of chemoinformatics tools and use of such for data mining and data visualization
- Knowledge of the targeted protein degradation field is preferred
- Excellent scientific problem-solving skills and a track record of bringing forward successful innovative solutions to chemistry problems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and embrace working as part of a multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced, innovative drug discovery environment, working to project priorities and deadlines
Notice to third party recruitment agencies: Plexium does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed recruitment services agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement Plexium shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Plexium.